“Excellent value for money, friendly staff”

Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #144 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay for us and the children. The hotel is well located - just a few minutes walk to the train station - and within easy walking distance of Greenwich itself. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful, really spot on customer service which isn't always the case at big hotel chains. The room was well set up, we had a double and two singles (we have stayed in family rooms before and the children have to sleep on a double which ALWAYS causes arguments between them and means no sleep for any of us!) so this was great. Room was clean and comfortable, on the basic side but brilliant for what we needed. We booked the meal deal, so for £22 per adult this included 3 course meal, drink, plus eat all you can breakfast for us and free beakfasts for the kids Brilliant! This was excellent value for money, there good range of choices for adults, and it was nicely presented, 10 out of 10. The children's meals were good too, again an excellent range of choices and really good value. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and we intend to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back - the road isn't hugely busy but the rooms at the back are very quiet
1  Thank AAA1186356
Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I viewed trip advisor before booking and we were NOT dissappointed usual premier inn efficiency and cleanliness. This hotel is perfect for greenwich cutty sark, observatory and even trips into London centre via water taxi. Back to the hotel, it comes with secure parking and is a steady 10 minute walk into greenwich would I go again- absolutely.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

From arriving at reception and how the staff sorted out my parking needs, to a very considerate and understanding waitress who was more than helpful in adjusting the menu to my requirements as a diabetic I would certainly recommend this premier inn a good place to stay.

Room Tip: second floor is nice and quite
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just returned from a weekend break at the Premier Inn Greenwich. The large room was typical of Premier Inns everywhere and perfectly catered for our needs. The hotel is about 10 mins walk from the town centre and only about 5 - 8 mins from the Railway station. We took advantage of the meal deals as we did a lot of walking in the daytime so it was nice to start the day with a good breakfast and not have to go out to eat at night. The staff in the hotel were lovely and very helpful, in particular our two evening waitresses Natalie and Algerta. There was plenty to keep us occupied in Greenwich and we enjoyed spending an afternoon travelling on the Docklands Light Railway which can be caught at Greenwich station.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teachinglady
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a really good Premier Inn. Apart from the rather strange booking kiosk in the main entrance rather than a full blown reception the hotel is not lacking in service or comfort. The staff are very friendly and they make people feel at home.

The only thing that niggles me about the Premier Inns is that they actually charge for wireless use over and above the 30 minutes free wi-fi provided. For business travellers this is a bit of a nuisance. I ended up paying £3 to get a 1 hour connection from their computer terminals near the main reception area.

The parking here is limited so you are best making sure you have a space by ringing ahead in advance or by making it clear you need parking when you book. Parking for a 24 hour period is £7.50 in underground secure parking right opposite the hotel entrance. In London this is more than reasonable.

The rooms here are typical Premier Inn. That means you get a decent huge and comfortable bed and all the creature comforts that Premier Inn are good at providing. The rooms are spacious enough and very clean and well presented.

Breakfasts are always delightful at Premier Inn and there is the usual wide choice of cooked or continental. This hotel receives a lot of group bookings so breakfast area can get a little crowded if you happen to be there when a group booking happens to descend on the place. However, there is always plenty of food available whatever the numbers.

This hotel is within easy walking distance of Greenwich centre so you can park the car and forget about it until you leave and just take your time walking around and exploring everything that Greenwich has to offer. I really liked this location. This is a great choice of location for a hotel.

The evening meals at this hotel are also worth mentioning. I only ate here the one night but I was served excellent food in a timely manner and at a very reasonable cost. By that I mean I had a prawn cocktail starter, Steak and a drink and it was only £12. In London as anyone who visits regularly will know this represents great value for money.

Would I stop here again? You bet I would. I have no problem recommending this hotel. Just the ticket for business travellers or for a long weekend exploring Greenwich.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TAVAKLI
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I are having our property redone and are staying with Premier Inn for 1 week. Location is great as it is near to our property and for the transport links to get to work.

The bedroom itself is basic and comfortable. Individual controlled AC, comfortable bed and Freeview TV made it a pleasant place to stay.

Now, to the bad bits. First night that we checked in, we decided to order food from the restaurant downstairs. The starters (chicken goujons and duck parcels) were fine but the mains (both husband and I ordered the rump steak - 1 medium-rare, 1 medium) were disappointing. Both steaks had not much taste and both medium-rare. We haven't visited the restaurant since.

Unfortunately for us, the hotel were hosting 3 separate groups of guided tours filled with bunch of European students. And they have decided to stick all/some of these groups on the same floor, same corridor with us. Which means screaming students, banging doors, people running at high speed across corridors. My husband had to continuously call the receptionist to deal with it. Eventually, we have to resort to dealing with it ourselves - asking the students to quiet down. Needless to say, the first nights weren't as pleasant a night sleep as it should be especially when you are working the next day.

The first 2 nights were painful. The third and fourth night were passable - less noise as the previous 2, but still more than it should be. Especially when we checked in, I have asked the receptionist for a quiet room away from the main road....what I didn't ask and didn't expect was to be stuck with a bunch of students who treated the hotel as a student hall.

We have another 2 nights in the hotel - it isn't as what I was expecting. Unless I have no other choice, I wouldn't be coming back to it.

Room Tip: Ask if they are hosting a group of students and get them to book you on 2 levels away from them
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank LondonGreenfield
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing.

It is a shame that your stay was disrupted by actions of other guests; please be assured that the hotel staff will do all they can to prevent disturbances like this in the future.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I always feel welcome whenever I stay at Greenwich. I must say i am overwhelmed with the service from the breakfast staff. Getting up at a certain time to come down stairs to eat was draining for me as i was not feeling well but as soon as i entered the restaurant I received service with a smile and warm welcome from staff such as: Winnell, Stella, Rianne and Indre.it became such a joy to be in such a friendly environment. Winnell was like a mom to me ensuring i was ok at all times, she made me some refreshing peppermint tea to overcome my tummy pain.... Rianne and Stella were very sociable and it felt like I have known them longer.

I really felt at home. I stayed for a week but unfortunately my boyfriend had to be at work in the days but I was constantly looked after whenever I am in the restaurant. I know if they were able to check on me in my room they would.

I must say a very big thank u because the first morning I celebrated my birthday and the breakfast staff brought me muffins with a lit candle. I didn’t expect that at all. They started singing to me. I really appreciated it and w grateful for such gesture given.

Customer service was excellent. I definitely would come back and dine with them although I wish they would have more of a variety of food, even daily specials ... Tired of the same food. The quality of the breakfast wasn’t satisfying but the waitering staff was what made my mornings. Thank u all. Khathy with the red hair and diamond nails.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple