“Noise - not ideal for those on business”

Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #165 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Noise - not ideal for those on business”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I are having our property redone and are staying with Premier Inn for 1 week. Location is great as it is near to our property and for the transport links to get to work.

The bedroom itself is basic and comfortable. Individual controlled AC, comfortable bed and Freeview TV made it a pleasant place to stay.

Now, to the bad bits. First night that we checked in, we decided to order food from the restaurant downstairs. The starters (chicken goujons and duck parcels) were fine but the mains (both husband and I ordered the rump steak - 1 medium-rare, 1 medium) were disappointing. Both steaks had not much taste and both medium-rare. We haven't visited the restaurant since.

Unfortunately for us, the hotel were hosting 3 separate groups of guided tours filled with bunch of European students. And they have decided to stick all/some of these groups on the same floor, same corridor with us. Which means screaming students, banging doors, people running at high speed across corridors. My husband had to continuously call the receptionist to deal with it. Eventually, we have to resort to dealing with it ourselves - asking the students to quiet down. Needless to say, the first nights weren't as pleasant a night sleep as it should be especially when you are working the next day.

The first 2 nights were painful. The third and fourth night were passable - less noise as the previous 2, but still more than it should be. Especially when we checked in, I have asked the receptionist for a quiet room away from the main road....what I didn't ask and didn't expect was to be stuck with a bunch of students who treated the hotel as a student hall.

We have another 2 nights in the hotel - it isn't as what I was expecting. Unless I have no other choice, I wouldn't be coming back to it.

Room Tip: Ask if they are hosting a group of students and get them to book you on 2 levels away from them
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank LondonGreenfield
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing.

It is a shame that your stay was disrupted by actions of other guests; please be assured that the hotel staff will do all they can to prevent disturbances like this in the future.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I always feel welcome whenever I stay at Greenwich. I must say i am overwhelmed with the service from the breakfast staff. Getting up at a certain time to come down stairs to eat was draining for me as i was not feeling well but as soon as i entered the restaurant I received service with a smile and warm welcome from staff such as: Winnell, Stella, Rianne and Indre.it became such a joy to be in such a friendly environment. Winnell was like a mom to me ensuring i was ok at all times, she made me some refreshing peppermint tea to overcome my tummy pain.... Rianne and Stella were very sociable and it felt like I have known them longer.

I really felt at home. I stayed for a week but unfortunately my boyfriend had to be at work in the days but I was constantly looked after whenever I am in the restaurant. I know if they were able to check on me in my room they would.

I must say a very big thank u because the first morning I celebrated my birthday and the breakfast staff brought me muffins with a lit candle. I didn’t expect that at all. They started singing to me. I really appreciated it and w grateful for such gesture given.

Customer service was excellent. I definitely would come back and dine with them although I wish they would have more of a variety of food, even daily specials ... Tired of the same food. The quality of the breakfast wasn’t satisfying but the waitering staff was what made my mornings. Thank u all. Khathy with the red hair and diamond nails.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Staff were brilliant and helpful.The room was spotless, modern and comfortable, looked like it had never been stayed in. The parking was easy. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and both were lovley. Good options at breakfast and nice resturant area. A*

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
South Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Like every Premier Inn, you know what to expect - comfortable, clean and efficient economy hotel accommodation. But what distinguished this one was the wonderful warm welcome we received. Nicole was so friendly and warm, it was like visiting family! The attitude of the restaurant staff at dinner and breakfast was the same. I can thoroughly recommend the Greenwich Premier Inn.

The hotel is located on main road, but this was not a problem at the weekend. The parking garage is fully gated with controlled entry and exit excellent value at £7.50 per day. DLR stations are close, and it is only a 15 minute stroll to hitherto heart of Greenwich with all it's tourist attractions - the National Maritime Museum, the Cutty Sark and the Royal Observatory.

A great place to spend a weekend!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may be a little noisy at peak traffic times.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my first time arriving in the London area by car - and I chose this Inn because it offered secure on-site car-parking. The location is also excellent for public transport - which is really the best way to see London! Just five minutes' walk from Greenwich DLR station, and in Zone 2, which keeps the cost of a travelcard down! On the afternoon we arrived, we explored the local area - lots to see and enjoy by the river and at the historic sites at Greenwich - much of them free of charge. The next day we took the Thames Clipper into the city centre - wonderful way to see the city! Travel by DLR and Tube to the city centre takes about 30 mins or less - and the transport's so good it's a pleasure to experience. The hotel was perfectly clean and the staff were very pleasant. We had the dinner-and-breakfast 'deal' - tremendous value for money. 3 courses for dinner, including a drink, and all you can eat breakfast - for £22! That morning, breakfast was a little 'busy', due to a large contingent of Mediterranean teenagers - but the restaurant staff were gracious and efficient, despite the challenging circumstances. Winnie is a star! The food at breakfast was amazing - I like to get value for money, and I couldn't believe the range of food and drinks available. Anyone who stays nearer the city and pays a lot more is daft, if you ask me. Your holiday cash will go a lot further in Greenwich, and you'll enjoy a high standard of accommodation and service at this Premier Inn. Just one mark deducted for 'sleep quality' - not the hotel's fault, but those Mediterranean students were doing a bit of visiting to each other's rooms, and the noise of the doors closing could be a little annoying. But otherwise, no noise issues - didn't even hear those pesky students talking!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Polegate, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I booked this Hotel for one night as we were going to the 02 , we had never stayed in a Premier Inn before but were very impressed by the level of service, kind staff and perfect room. One of the main criteria was that we could park and this was so easy and at £7.50 we were extremely happy.
We got caught up in traffic so only had about 5 mins to change before we had to head out, we asked how to get to the nearest train station but the girl said she could book us a taxi to go to the 02 for £8 so we took this option, brilliant and such good value, on the way back the queues for the underground were terrible but we just walked down and hopped in the taxi.
We had a drink in the bar on our return but had to get up early so didnt take advantage of the breakfast.
We have stayed in many upmarket and budget hotels and i can safely say that this was amazing value, we will be going back to visit Greenwich at some point in time.
Well done premier Inn

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brown5
Lincoln
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed with partner for a wedding close by Oct 12. Hotel and rooms were spotless, excellent breakfast, staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful everywhere room was fine with tea and coffee and freeview and underground parking was available. Wasn't much around the hotel in walking distance in the way of pubs or restaurants but its a short walk from train station for links to central London. Bar was not available after midnight even for residents which was a shame and you could not charge any drinks or food to your room which I've not come across before. Overall Excellent value for money and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011