“Good Evening meal”
Review of The Fox and Grapes

The Fox and Grapes
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fox and Grapes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,150 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, British, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The newly refurbished Fox and Grapes has the intimacy and feel of a local country village pub. Situated in the heart of the Common, it has the advantage of being on the doorstep of London, yet the tranquility of Wimbledon Village. Open from 8am daily for Breakfast, serving lunch and dinner, the Fox and Grapes stocks a wide selection of Craft Beers, Ales & Largers. They can also boast an impressive wine selection, solely being supplied by Berry Brothers & Rudd. The Fox & Grapes is also host to three en-suite Double Bedrooms. With the perfect location, and steeped in character, you can enjoy everything this pub has to offer.
NW UK
“Good Evening meal”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed in Wimbledon again and tried this place. I have stayed here before but now prefer the Rose and Crown but the food here is a better standard than the R&C. Called in about 7 without a reservation. No problem getting a table but it was quite busy. Very attentive and friendly staff and good service. The menus is not massive but plenty of diffeent options. Started with bread and olives and humus. Excellent. I had fish and chips main course which was really good crispy batter and tasty large fish, offspring had risotto, again she said it was v good. Few beers and wine and bill came to about £70. Not cheap but it was very good. Definitely be back to try the steaks next time which looked V good on the table next to us.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not sold on the refresh”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have visited this place but I was informed that fairly recently it had been refurbished from an old man pub to a fine dining experience. Personally, I loved the look of the pub from the outside and when I entered it looked and felt like I had walked into a bridge club or WI meeting rather than a pub or a restaurant so was slightly disappointed. I am not convinced that they have created the fine dining experience they may have been hoping to achieve. That said the food was nice (slightly overpriced) and the service good. Finally, it served one of the best pints of Guinness I have had in London so still clearly knows how to be a pub.

Visited April 2013
“Very ordinary, pretentious and terrible value for money”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Take a great location in Wimbledon, a lovely building, very agreeable interiors and then screw it up with the most ordinary food at West End prices, and service that your school dinner ladies would be embarrassed by - and that pretty much sums up our evening tonight.

One in our party was vegetarian and the only option she had was the risotto she wasn't very keen on - and the restaurant said there was nothing else they could do for her, and that "special requests" needed to be be made 24 hours in advance!

I am not even going to comment on the lamb, which was priced at close of £20 as a main; for that price one expected a real treat - what we got instead was four insipid pieces of lamb on a bed of squelchy beans. The cod looked pretty ordinary, and this wretched place couldn't even do a decent mushy peas! Moving on the desserts, the apple crumble had been microwaved, and almost nuked the tongue of one in our party, the cheese platter for almost £10 and three miserable pieces of cheese, and so the misery went on.

What puzzled me was how well frequented the place was this evening. Admittedly, it was a Saturday evening, but if the good people of Wimbledon and the surrounding areas are looking to part with their cash, I can suggest several far better options - The Depot (Mortlake), The Victoria (Richmond) and several others, which will give you a lot more pleasure - both in terms of the service, but also the food, wine and ambience.

A most disappointing experience, I shall put myself through again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Shiv T
London, United Kingdom
“Limited menu”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We love the design and staff at this restaurant, but feel that the menu is very limited. We've now been twice to give the place a chance, but both times we were struggling to find something we wanted to order from the menu. The food here is good, but I would expect it to be better given the focus on just a few menu items, for instance the vegetable tempura was not as crisp and light as I would have liked. It's a decent place, but doesn't live up to its look and location.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“great venue for lunch”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

made my second visit in two weeks to this gem of a pub on the common. great atmosphere, excellent food and friendly, helpful staff.

book if you want to eat at the weekend and just enjoy.

paulo