“Some of the best food I have ever had”
Review of NOPI

NOPI
Reserve with OpenTable
NOPI is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 22,679 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“Some of the best food I have ever had”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went to Nopi with my parents over Easter break and loved all the food. My dad and I are total carnivores, and were surprised by how much we enjoyed the vegetable dishes, even preferring them over the meat dishes. There wasn't a thing we had that we didn't love, even the cocktails were fabulous. (Order a dark and stormy, you won't regret it!) I recommend if you are going to Nopi to have lots of small dishes, because you don't want to miss out on anything!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Cassia T

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Don't know how Ottolenghi does it, but this charming restaurant off Regent St has gorgeous surprising food -- truffled potato sticks, a savoury cheesecake, lentils with horseradish....delicious.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank M0R000
North Country Explorers
“A sophisticated, fresh & delicious leisurely early evening supper.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

On a recent trip to London we booked a
table at Nopi because I love Ottelenghi's recipe's & wanted to try his food.
It was a cold April day so we chose to eat early evening. The restaurant was busy but not full. Clean, bright and most importanttly for me - not stuffy. The staff were attentive but not overso. Loved the food, I had neck of pork with a salad of seaweed. It was unusual, delicate & delicious. My partner had courgette fritters which were again delicately flavoured. We then had duck sitting on a bed of Quinoa which was flavored with tiny tasty veg. I was in heaven. The chicken with also lovely. The waiter was not able to tell me what was in my seaweed salad. This was a tad disappointing/ surprising but I won't hold it against him as in every other way he was charming. I had raspberry sorbet flavoured with Rose as a pudding. This was again stunningly simple but full of flavour. I loved the general ambience. It feels like a proper grown up restaurant where we had a lovely, leisurely, delicious meal. Ottolenghi needs to think about the poor folk living north of Watford. We appreciate fine food too. Please come up.
One bug bear was the discretionary service charge on the bill. I hate it. Just add it aS a given & stop making me think "should I pay this". Make it a standard 10 with no quibbles. If your happy to pay Ottolenghi prices (& I am). I don't want to be distracted by a conversion about whether the service is worth it !

1 Thank Navigator01
mid Wales
“Joy Joy Joy”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I don't eat out at such nice places frequently, and when I do I choose them carefully. We had a meal that was joyful, delicious, perfectionist, sensual, fascinating, with delightful hilarious charming gorgeous staff who answered our zillion culinary questions and laughed and enjoyed with us. I love Nopi. Thank you to every chef, cook, server, cleaner, receptionist, everyone!

My only complaint is that we ordered too much and started to feel stuffed. Keep it light!

London
“Perfect for trying and sharing”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was a first visit to one of Ottolenghi’s restaurants, and it certainly lived up to the rave reviews of the friend who had recommended going there.

A welcome at the door and, despite being early, we were led straight to our table in the spacious light and airy upstairs dining room. We ordered cocktails – which were delicious, and on the recommendation of the waiter, perused the menu to select three dishes each to share. While doing this, we could not resist ordering some ‘nibbles’ (spiced nuts, vegetable crudités and lavosh crackers) and these were all amazing in taste, and very substantial portions. As there were three of us, the difficulty was actually choosing which dishes to eliminate from the menu. On finally giving our choices to the waiter, we also enquired as to what one of our unselected dishes was (the burrata, blood orange dish) as none of us were familiar with burrata. When our dishes started to arrive, the chef had sent the burrata dish too for us to try (and, no, we were not charged for this) – this was a really lovely gesture. All 10 of the dishes we tried (taken from the ‘vegetables’, ‘fish’ and ‘sides’ sections on the menu) were fabulous – we could not pick favourites but special mentions must go to the cheesecake, the lentils and, thank you again chef, the burrata dishes. Some of the flavour combinations are unusual, but all work perfectly. This was a great opportunity to taste some untried ingredients prepared and cooked beautifully. Three of us managed to finish 10 dishes, but only just. In hindsight, this was probably too much as we were all so full that we were going to forego dessert until the waiter suggested one dish and three spoons – which seemed like the perfect solution. That one dessert (ice cream with peanut, caramel and chocolate) was ordered with really fine tasting coffee.

The whole atmosphere of Nopi is lovely. It is comfortable and relaxed, and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Although initially you only get a two hour slot (something I really hate when restaurants do this) our booking at 8.30 meant that the table was not required back so we actually ended up leaving at gone 11.

Downstairs is the kitchen, and a massive sharing table – which looked like a fun place to sit at. Also downstairs are the toilets which should come with a health warning. Take your mobile in case you can’t find your way out – they are totally mirrored and the first challenge is actually finding the toilet door. There really is nowhere to hide!

All in all, a lovely evening – and I now look forward to returning, and to also trying Ottolenghi’s other restaurants.