“Nicest Italian Restaurant Ever Ate In”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sartori

Sartori
Reserve with OpenTable
Sartori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #559 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Excellent Italian restaurant close to Leicester Square. Excellent service, good authentic italian food. Prices very reasonable - £63 for 2 courses, bottle of wine and a tip.
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Nicest Italian Restaurant Ever Ate In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner were in London for a break and on the final night of our trip we found this little Gem. Sartori is one of the nicest restaurants we have ate in! The ambience is brilliant and the menu is really varied!! Take time and go to this restaurant! All the staff are pleasant and do what they can to ensure your visit to the restaurant.

• Hungarian first
London, UK
“Affordable and authentic...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great pizza and other authentic Italian dishes make this West End spot a 'hot favourite' amongst Italians and other visitors. Yes, the service can be a tad erratic due to the popularity of the venue but this is made up be great taste and reasonable (by West End standards) prices. Yes, I prefer lunch there as evenings are very busy. Using the Taste Card saves you money too, but remember to quote this when booking a table - essential most nights.

• Visited February 2013
Male
“Good pizza but not good service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Recently me and some friends visited this restaurant and we are disappointed about service! We had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bottle wine the guy whom took the order try to force us to order a share started ! Nice pizza with a lack of service ! Can improve a lot!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Solid pre-theatre experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Pros: Really good pizza, location, window table very nice, not a rip off

Cons: Poor (but cheap) cocktails, service not very attentive

Conclusion: Perfect for relaxed pre-theatre dinner but book an early table

London, United Kingdom
“Authentic pizza, but the service left a sour taste...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Sartori with a friend after reading good reviews about the quality of the pizza. I lived in Italy for a year and have travelled around a lot, so I can say that the pizzas were authentic and tasty! I was slightly disappointed by the size, as the pizzas were considerably smaller than average.

I went for my usual; Rucola with rocket and parma ham. The base was nicely cooked, still soft, puffy and slightly chewy without being soggy. The passata had a sourness that contrasted well with the other flavours (but could have been slightly sweeter if I was being fussy). My friend had the Americana with salami, he said it was good but felt it was too small.

The service was disappointing, perhaps because there is a 12.5% service charge automatically added to the bill. When we arrived there was no friendly greetings or even a smile, we were pointed to a table and made our own way over. During the course of the evening we were served by about 4 different people with varying levels of English, at one point the waitress had to get someone else over to translate. At the end my friend asked for the reciept so he could claim expenses, and the waiter said he could make the bill out for more and share the difference, we just laughed and ignored this suggestion!

I would love to rate this higher, there is a lot of potential there, if they sort out the size and the service, this place would be in the running for one of my favourite pizza places in London!

• Visited February 2013