“Authentic pizza, but the service left a sour taste...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sartori

Sartori
Reserve with OpenTable
Sartori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #556 of 22,225 Restaurants in London
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Excellent Italian restaurant close to Leicester Square. Excellent service, good authentic italian food. Prices very reasonable - £63 for 2 courses, bottle of wine and a tip.
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic pizza, but the service left a sour taste...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Sartori with a friend after reading good reviews about the quality of the pizza. I lived in Italy for a year and have travelled around a lot, so I can say that the pizzas were authentic and tasty! I was slightly disappointed by the size, as the pizzas were considerably smaller than average.

I went for my usual; Rucola with rocket and parma ham. The base was nicely cooked, still soft, puffy and slightly chewy without being soggy. The passata had a sourness that contrasted well with the other flavours (but could have been slightly sweeter if I was being fussy). My friend had the Americana with salami, he said it was good but felt it was too small.

The service was disappointing, perhaps because there is a 12.5% service charge automatically added to the bill. When we arrived there was no friendly greetings or even a smile, we were pointed to a table and made our own way over. During the course of the evening we were served by about 4 different people with varying levels of English, at one point the waitress had to get someone else over to translate. At the end my friend asked for the reciept so he could claim expenses, and the waiter said he could make the bill out for more and share the difference, we just laughed and ignored this suggestion!

I would love to rate this higher, there is a lot of potential there, if they sort out the size and the service, this place would be in the running for one of my favourite pizza places in London!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Hungarian first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Poor service, poor food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Sartori with a friend who had been before and really enjoyed it; sadly, this time was terrible. My pizza was cold (I don't mean it wasn't hot, I mean it was cold) but the crust was at least tasty. My friend's pizza filling included ham, which was processed, and mushrooms that tasted of brine and were slimy- clearly tinned or jarred. Who uses tinned mushrooms on a pizza??

The wine was nice. The staff were not that friendly, although quite apologetic when my friend found a tiny snail in her rocket; they gave us her pizza free but it just topped off a very disappointing meal. Restaurants in Leicester Square often feel that they don't need to try and I definitely felt like there was a huge lack of effort and quality. I won't be going back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dorset
“Superb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Monday evening meal here with two grown up sons and it was packed; think that says it all. We found this place on Tripadvisor and booked well before our 3 day trip to the Capital. An excellent find, food, wine, service, atmosphere all quite superb. Without doubt one of the best restaurants we've found on our trips to London. Only very minor complaint that it really was a bit too hot in the restaurant, but it did cool off a bit later. Highly recommended though.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went with my girlfriend and got a 3/4 meter Americana pizza with chips and a few drinks. Was in awe at the size. Great tasting pizza. Would return. Good service.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and personal service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Loved the food, balked at their metre long pizza and settled for a normal one. The service was excellent with smiles and greetings from all the waiting staff as well as help and recommendations on the wine list and food menu. We'll definitely be back

Visited January 2013