“fantastic”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

this is one of my favourite family run restuarants, I have eaten here over 20 times and taken friends and family, it has always been consistently delicous. I am vegetarian but always take meat eating friends and none of us have been disappointed. A little gem in the east end.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

After reading lots of positive reviews I have to say I was more than disappointed. I would go as far as saying that the food was the worst take away I have ever ordered.

2  Thank Davidrobins
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We visited Ariana on a busy Friday night. We ordered a range of vegetarian starters including hummus and yogurt dips, pickles and haloumi. These were all good, and complemented by the fantastic homemade flat bread which you can watch being made right inside the restaurant. The bread is crispy and delicious and perfect for eating with dips or sticking into juicy stews.

Unfortunately our veggie mains were not so good. I ordered a kidney bean stew which tasted and looked like beans cooked with spinach: boring. My partner had okra stew which was better. Both were served with really good rice. Our meat eating friend had a chicken kebab which he very much enjoyed and came as a huge portion. Other meat eaters on neighbouring tables looked equally satisfied.

The place has eastern decor which gives it a relaxed atmosphere. The staff were attentive but as the restaurant got busier they struggled to keep up. Instead of paying the bill to a waiter we ended up just leaving the cash on the table and walking out as we got bored of waiting for someone to come to us.

Overall I can see the starters and meat dishes at this place are good, the bread is great, but the vegetarian mains are quite disappointing and an afterthought on the menu. As a veggie I probably wouldn't go back, but if you're a meat eater it looks like you'll have a good meal at Ariana

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I just returned from a stay in Afghanistan so I was looking for an Afghan restaurant. Well I found it in Ariana. Great Afghan food! Very often food in restaurants in Europe don't have the same taste and flavor as the real thing. Ariana has qabili palau that is exactly the same as in Kabul or Kunduz. Great quality mutton, great taste. The mantow is excellent as well. Try the rice pudding as a desert. More Afghan is hardly possible.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

What an incredible restaurant, everything about this place is just fantastic. Most importantly, the food is excellent, juicy tender kebabs, fresh hot bread, tasty vegetables, rice dishes and fresh salads,. You have to try the Panir-O-Sabzi salad and bread, also the Mirza Ghasemi Aubergine starter. As the title says, the tasty and moist Kubedeh are the best ever and I've eaten in quite a few middle eastern, turkish and asian restaurants of this type and this really is the best. There is a very pleasant and relaxed outdoor eating area as well as a cosy and comfortable dining room. It's unlicensed which keeps the cost down and the staff are very friendly, especially Ahmed who is a great host ! Go there whilst the weather is warm and eat outside (take in a Shisha) or when cold, indoors where the waft and heat from the hot bread oven keeps the place warm with wonderful fresh bread being turned out by the minute. I've already booked another two visits.

1  Thank Chuckycharlie