“Avoid!! Let down by poor service!”
Review of National Geographic Cafe - CLOSED

National Geographic Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food was extremely mediocre, but this restaurant was let down primarily by the exceptionally poor service. Waiting staff totally disinterested and somewhat rude.

1  Thank ScottTAReviews
There are newer reviews for National Geographic Cafe

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I hadn't read other reviews...phew! We had a panini which came with extra crisps (what a nice surprise) and freshly squeezed orange juice. It's a rare find these days to see it being made too.

The cafe had a really lovely feel, with lovely music and we will definitely be back.

A disappointment not to be able to stay longer as we had theatre tickets, the waitress was really lovely and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Go National Geographic, lovely to see a not for profit doing so well!

1  Thank Paradiseseeker2010
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I came here on my first trip to London with my husband, brother and his fiancé for a bite to eat before visiting harrods. Wow, where do I start! My husband was given a meat burrito even though he'd asked for the vegetarian option and my brothers fiancé had a hot lamb dish that came cold with barely any lamb!! We asked for those dishes to come off and they messed the bill up twice before finally getting it right. They also lumped everything on the same bill even though we'd ordered seperately with different table numbers. A small note too... If they had mentioned that my panini came with a whole portion of crisps, I would not have ordered nachos ( it doesn't say on the menu either). The service was slow and it was not busy, only 3 or 4 tables. The waitress was apologetic but it unfortunately didn't make up for one of the worst experiences I've ever had in an eatery. Avoid!!!

1  Thank Claire G
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in for a bite and coffee - 2 wraps and 3 drinks- thought the portions were meagre and overpriced - perhaps because if location (opposite Harrods) - nothing special however staff were pleasant

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I dropped in for a drink having been shopping in the West End. It was a treat to find a bar selling Estrella beer which we both enjoyed. It's worth a vist and a look around.