“Really enjoyable tour”

and up
London Modern Architecture Tour
Ranked #6 of 1,308 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Insider London is London's first and best alternative London walking tours company. It takes customers off the beaten track to discover London's best street art, the eccentric stories behind its famous sights, its world-leading green buildings and more. Bespoke and private London tours are also delivered.Visitors, Londoners, office teams and student groups all find the tours enjoyable, informative and unique. Find out more on our website – Google 'Insider London'.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a great time looking around the tube. Our tour guide Michelle (I guess it is Buckley going from previous comments) was really knowledgeable about some of the much smaller details of the underground. I will keep my eyes open in future when I am travelling!

All reviews
"booked this tour"
in 11 reviews
"small group"
in 16 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2013

8 of us on the tour yesterday guided by Michelle our very enthusiastic tour guide. She kept us interested from start to finish with fascinating Underground facts. Lots of things you would never notice whilst rushing about on the tube. Would highly recommend to both young & old a must for anyone with even the slightest in the history of London. Thanks Michelle

1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My partner and I did this tour recently and was taken around by our tour guide Michelle Buckley. She was brilliantThis tour really kept us engaged, there were plenty of facts, pictures and most of all it actually opened our eyes to the various things that normally go unnoticed by us. We were very impressed by the knowledge that Michelle had and the genuine interest she had about the London Underground. It was such a pleasure to be on a tour, where the tour guide does know the topic inside out without referring to any notes.
The atmosphere was great as we were right in the buzz of the London Underground even if it was a little loud at times.

1  Thank Fat_Nav36
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went on this trip last weekend The tour was led by Tobias who was excellent! I really found out so much about parts of London and heard some great stories, thoroughly enjoyable tour I would reccomend to everyone...Loved it!

1  Thank HoneyBedfordshire
See more reviews
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friend and I were highly impressed by this tour. Beforehand we weren't sure how many additional facts we'd learn due to us already being quite passionate about London Underground, however I left feeling all the more knowledgeable thanks to our fantastic guide - Michelle.

Michelle was very informative and didn't rely on any notes. It was just the two of us on the tour and so she was able to give us her full attention and answer any questions we had throughout. What makes this tour so interesting is the fact you're learning the facts while travelling around the system; things get pointed out that you've never seen before, you experience the architecture in real life rather than through viewing photographs and above all you're able to soak in the atmosphere. I think there was scope for the rolling stock to have also been mentioned but I guess you can't include everything! In any case it was a good choice to start at Paddington and end at Westminster - a jump from 1860s to 1990s design!

I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone interested in the Underground's general history, station architecture/design and the 'Tube Map'.

2  Thank Alexsouthgate