Tripadvisor

from $112.82
from $27.87
from $30.53
8,712 results
All reviews windsor castle day trip victoria coach station roman baths bath stonehenge stonehenge tour stratford upon avon bus driver great tour inner circle stone henge through viator full day tour state apartments english countryside booked this tour highly recommend this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I knew coming into this would be a jam packed day. But at the end of the day it felt like I spent more time on the bus then at the sites. Overall I spent a total of 12.5 hours on the bus and spending about 2 hours at each stop.

I admit Bath and Stonehenge are not full day stops. At Stonehenge most people are taking pictures then admiring the stones. There is so much history there that I personally could have spent at least 1-2 additional hours to take it all in. But overall the most you need is a half a day and even then that's pushing it. Windsor Castle is the place I wish I could have spent some more time at. The day I went the cathedral was closed so i didn't need to spend the whole day but we only got about 2 hours there but still, with so much to see I was speeding through the exhibits. If I ever get the chance I'd love to spend more time there on my own.

All things considered just know you're basically running against there clock as soon as board the bus. Kevin our tour guide was ok to good. He spent most of his time with us on the bus. At each site you're on your own with an audio device. Which is ok as I like to do things on my own but still. I really noticed it at Windsor where we got there early and there were other for groups there waiting in line for it to open. I saw the group ahead of us and their guide was much livelier and had more energy and was letting everyone engaged. He also made recommendations on what to see first. That to me is the difference between a good guide versus a great one.

The thing that really annoyed me was how anal the bus driver was about "hot" food on the bus. It tour guide recommended we get some sandwiches. So when I was coming back to the bus I ran and got summer McDonald's. A hamburger is a sandwich right? I also got chicken nuggets but yeah not a sandwich. When I got to the bus the driver saw my bag and refused to let me in. He reminded about the no hot food. I thought it was about safety or making a mess. I said my did isn't really hot but he said he hated the smell. WTF. I bet if he didn't see my bag he wouldn't smelled anything. Maybe he had a bad experience with McDonald's or maybe he doesn't like clowns? Regardless it's a long day and they don't build in a lot of time to eat, aside from doing so on the bus. It was a chilly day and I didn't want to spend it eating cold food. So I wolfed down my "hot" food in 5 minutes then boarded the bus. Just a warning I'm not sure if all of the driver's have an issue with "hot" food but I admit I thought about buying a bunch of tuna fish sandwiches or some thing with some blue cheese.

So in summary. It's a long day and you're always in a rush going to and fro. But you do get to see a lot and take some good selfies. Unfortunately what I'll remember the most is an ok tour guide, a long bus ride and don't bring McDonald's onto a bus unless you sneak it in.

1  Thank jingoro31
Evansadmin, Evan Evans Team at Evan Evans Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We greatly appreciate your feedback .

In regards to your feedback about the timing this will be passed onto our product team.

Hot food and Hot drinks are not permitted on the coach for health and safety reasons.

We hope to see you host you on another Evan Evans tour in the future.

Kind regards,

Evan Evans Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While all the sites except Dover were good due to the weather conditions, Nigel was a complete turn off begging for tips for 10 minutes at the end stating that he and Ali were ":dependent on tips" implying he is not paid adequately by his company. I don't mind them letting us know if we choose to leave a tip we can (which is common) but to go on and on for 10 minutes about it was off-putting considering his company collected a minimum of $2500 for our tour group to go that day (yes I did the calculations while he droned on about needing more of our money).

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank MCJ1964
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful, Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Bath, absolutely everything was perfect.
Guide (Morten) and driver (Armando) very friendly and regardful.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We used this tour company on the recommendation of our concierge to tour Stonehenge and Bath. Overall, We were very happy with the tour, tour guide (Oliver), and driver (whose name is escaping me-Michelangelo, perhaps?). However, there was not quite enough time in Stonehenge, with just an hour there on site. It wasn’t enough time to visit Stonehenge and the museum, so we had to skip the museum. An extra 30 minutes would have been great. Same with Bath—I would have preferred another hour there as well. We only visited the baths and the abbey, and felt rushed at the baths to get through in time. An extra hour and a half between both sites would have been great.

Thank Christine Mille... C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sheila our guide was great the tour was well organized. Windsor, Stonehenge, and Bath were worth the trip. Actually wish we had a little more time but to get to see three things it was ok