“Brilliant!”

and up
Afternoon Jack the Ripper Tour with 'Ripper-Vision' in London
Ranked #27 of 731 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 120 years in the making - The gruesome tale of jack the ripper explodes for the first time into the 21st century...WITH RIPPER VISION©.RIPPER-VISION© is a new approach to Jack the ripper tours. Top of the range hand held projectors which emblazen 5ft images apon the dark streets and alleyways of whitechapel.As we walk the very route the ripper would have taken Ripper vision will practically bring you back to a time of gaslight and fog, a time of poverty, disease and silent footsteps in the shadows as the ripper hunted his victims. RIPPER-VISION© brings not only top class images but also film clips, moving images and overlapping pictures to leave you with an everlasting memorable experience.every day 12.30pm and 7.30pm check web site for details or phone our number at the top.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Myself and my husband booked on to this tour on a recent trip to London after a recommendation. We got to Aldgate east early so managed to squeeze in a drink where one of the ripper suspects had lived in the basement. Johnny was our tour guide he definitely made the tour and was dressed the part he certainly knew his stuff. I never knew how gruesome the murders actually were but the rippervision certainly enlightened me! We passed another couple of tours on our way round but I think we definitely chose the right one there wasn't half as much effort put into the other tours. It was also a way to see a side of London we never would have got to see otherwise would definitely recommend

TitanicsDock, General Manager at The Jack the Ripper Tour With Ripper Vision, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2016

Kind Regards The Jack The Ripper Tour Team x

Write a ReviewReviews (2,605)

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed it very much - great fun and John really set the scene and the atmosphere he created was electric!

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My sister suggested we go on this and we were not disappointed. The guide obviously knew his stuff and the pictures just added more to the tour. I never knew how gruesome the murders were and was glad to be forewarned of graphic photos so I could look away. A different tour for sure!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had an evening in London, and googled the things i could, and voila, my eyes fell upon Jack the ripper..

Our guide for the evening was Mick.. He was casually dressed, and added a lot of humour into his way of telling us about the way the ripper went about killing people in England.

There is a lot of walking to be done, so wear comfy shoes.

Mick was very informative and his narration makes you imagine how the whitechapel area would have been back in 1888.. the horse drawn carriages, the oil lanterns, dark and gloomy London, and a dead body gruesomely cut open and left out on the streets...

If you havent heard of Jack the ripper, I would definitely suggest you to take this tour, if you have heard of him, then i would definitely suggest this tour to re-affirm yourself.

Gratuities are not included in the price, so feel free towards the end.

My verdict - Go for it, its a nice way to walk around London for an evening, with some learning. its only £10.

1  Thank Ashmaster

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Myself and 3 others did this walking tour at the beginning of May. I would advise that you give yourself plenty of time to find exit 3 of Aldgate East station - the meeting point.
Our group was large (probably because it was a bank holiday weekend) but Mick, our guide was possibly the best tour guide I have encountered. He was witty, funny and very charismatic with I depth knowledge of his subject.
The tour lasted 2 hours and gave me a fascinating insight into a part of London that I have lived so close to for 25 years.
For the price we paid, it was an absolute bargain. 10/10