“WHAT A RIPPER!”

and up
Afternoon Jack the Ripper Tour with 'Ripper-Vision' in London
Ranked #27 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 120 years in the making - The gruesome tale of jack the ripper explodes for the first time into the 21st century...WITH RIPPER VISION©.RIPPER-VISION© is a new approach to Jack the ripper tours. Top of the range hand held projectors which emblazen 5ft images apon the dark streets and alleyways of whitechapel.As we walk the very route the ripper would have taken Ripper vision will practically bring you back to a time of gaslight and fog, a time of poverty, disease and silent footsteps in the shadows as the ripper hunted his victims. RIPPER-VISION© brings not only top class images but also film clips, moving images and overlapping pictures to leave you with an everlasting memorable experience.every day 12.30pm and 7.30pm check web site for details or phone our number at the top.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 12, 2014

What a fantastic tour. Very atmospheric and Richard our tour guide was brilliant. Richard made it a very interesting walk and weaved a spell with his fabulous knowledge and language. I would recommend this walk to anyone interested in the history of London, with fantastic buildings and streets as well as anyone with an interest in Jack the Ripper. Thought provoking tour and great fun.

1  Thank Superhoopsgirl
TitanicsDock, Guest Relations Manager at The Jack the Ripper Tour With Ripper Vision, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hello

Thankyou for your review here on Trip advisor. Richard is actually one of the founders of our tour so I am very pleased to hear that he didn't disapoint yourself. We work relentlessly to make sure that our Jack The Ripper Tour is the best on the market and your positive reviews really do make the job worth while.

Becky

Write a ReviewReviews (2,594)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Whether you're a novice to the subject, like me or an expert, I think you'll enjoy this. We had Jon, who was the only guide I saw around actually dressed in an outfit of the time.

He was knowledgable and engaging. He knew his stuff and really seemed happy to be there and interested in us as a group and the subject matter.

Have to agree with group size, wish they were a but smaller, even if the tickets went up in price a bit.

2  Thank Rebecca M
TitanicsDock, Public Relations Manager at The Jack the Ripper Tour With Ripper Vision, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hello

Thankyou for your reveiw, Jonny is one of our best guides here at the Jack The Ripper tour and im glad he did not disapoint your selves. With regards to the group size we are the only Jack the Ripper Tour in London to limit the numbers of its groups, some other tours take over 100 people per guide every night which we feel is a ridiculous amount of people as i'm sure you would agree.
Once again thankyou for your review.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

An excellent insight into Jack the Ripper. Our guide certainly knew her history of Jack the Ripper and really made it feel like you were back in the days when Jack the Ripper was roaming the cobble stone streets of the East End. The descriptive details made you quiver in your boots. Her expressions and character were exceptional. I have waited over 20 years to go on a Jack the Ripper tour and I am pleased to say it was worth the wait especially with this tour company. The use of the ripper vision made you feel apart of that century. Thanks for an incredible evening. I was told to use this company by a friend, so pleased I did.

1  Thank skwoods64

Hello

Thankyou fo ryour reveiw, its goodto hear that you were referred to our Jack The Ripper Tour by a friend. You waited some time to come and do a Jack The Ripper Tour, so I am very pleased to hear we did not disapoint you.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This tour was fantastic. The Ripper Vision and other pictures shown really added to horror and enjoyment of the tour. True piece of creepy history!

1  Thank Jess B

Hello

Thankyou for your short and sweet review.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had John as our guide. He was very well informed and entertaining (while still being very sympathetic to the victims), but it was often hard for me to see his gestures or facial expressions as there were over 50 people on our tour. Seriously, I lost count after 51. There were several times we couldn't all fit on the sidewalk in the semicircle that was required to see the Ripper vision- or we could fit as long as one didn't mind being run over. There was a lot of jostling and hurrying as people wanted to be able to see. I felt a bit like I was in a herd. At times, I fell back because I didn't like the crowding but often, I couldn't hear John over the traffic behind me. Even so, it was good tour. My teenage kids really enjoyed it. I'd been on one twenty years before and though the guide was not as good, the evening felt a little more intimate, more spooky as there were only about 15 of us in those dark alleys.

The tour is such a good value for the money that I'd be willing to pay more to have a limit. I'd paid on-line, and I felt pretty sure that people walked up whom John was never able to check in. He did his best and was well organized- there were just too many people crowded round. One can only assume they all paid.

3  Thank sbjames77