“Great, worthwhile tour!”

and up
Jack the Ripper Tour with 'Ripper-Vision' in London
Ranked #27 of 670 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 120 years in the making - The gruesome tale of jack the ripper explodes for the first time into the 21st century...WITH RIPPER VISION©.RIPPER-VISION© is a new approach to Jack the ripper tours. Top of the range hand held projectors which emblazen 5ft images apon the dark streets and alleyways of whitechapel.As we walk the very route the ripper would have taken Ripper vision will practically bring you back to a time of gaslight and fog, a time of poverty, disease and silent footsteps in the shadows as the ripper hunted his victims. RIPPER-VISION© brings not only top class images but also film clips, moving images and overlapping pictures to leave you with an everlasting memorable experience.every day 12.30pm and 7.30pm check web site for details or phone our number at the top.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great, worthwhile tour!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My friends and I really enjoyed this tour on a recent trip to London. Not only did it enlighten us about the awful murders in the late 19th century, but it also lit a spotlight on other history in the area, such as the church that survived WWII and the very cool tidbit on “Nocturn Alley” from the Harry Potter series.

This is a great tour even for the faint of heart because it had a comical side as well. Our tour guide, Jonny, who was knowledgeable about the subject, did such an excellent job entertaining us and keeping us engaged in the information that he was giving us. But most importantly he reminded us that we should focus more on the victims of those brutal murders and not on the one who committed them, which is now how we see it.

Thanks for a lovely time!

Visited November 2013
TitanicsDock, Tour guide at The Jack the Ripper Tour With Ripper Vision, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Hello mate, thanks for the fantastic review, I put my heart and soul into the tours so I am glad to see that it comes across. Working in the minefield that is the Jack the Ripper tour industry and the open police case I try to stick to the facts and keep them fresh for every tour. Our ripper vision is one of a kind with many of the images being one of a kinds and exclusive to our Jack the Ripper tour. I hope to see you again soon. Johnny

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really worth doing”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I went on this tour last night and thought it was excellent. The tour guide came dressed as a Victorian Police Officer and was very engaging.

I didn't really know what they meant when they said they had "Ripper-Vision" on the website, but really its a handheld projector with historical pictures that really do add to the tour. Where areas had changed our guide could project onto a wall and show us what it used to look like.

As we went round we saw other guides who weren't dressed up and didn't have the benefit of the projector: their tours didn't look as good.

On a general note, there are a lot more Victorian Streets in Whitechapel than you might expect. Obviously some things were destroyed by enemy action in WWII but a lot remains. And the fact these streets are dimly lit and quiet really adds to the atmosphere.

I would recommend this tour.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 746Andre
Hello thank you for naming me as your guide on the Jack the Ripper tour with ripper Vision. I'm glad you enjoyed my tour and I hope to see you again soon thanks Greg
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Ripper Vision a MUST”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We did this tour the first weekend in London and thought it was really good. Our friend had done a tour without Ripper Vision and I think you really miss out. By seeing actual photos from crime scene and victims, it really adds to the authenticity of the tour since you know you're exactly where the events took place.

My only critique is that our guide, Mick, talked realllllllllllly fast at times. I'm a fast talker as well and it was tough to keep up at times. This was mainly an issue in the beginning as he got to a normal speed around halfway through.

Highly recommend the tour though!

1 Thank AtishDoshi
Hey Mate, thanks for the top review, coming from Newcastle I know I speak quite fast so I will take your criticism on board and work harder I'm the future to slow down, I suppose my enthusiasm takes over sometimes a bit too much but I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. Cheers Mick
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Had a great time, sorry for leaving early!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My two friends and I had a great time on our tour led by Jonny. We all agree we learnt a lot, and it was entertaining too. We were disappointed that we had to leave a bit early before the end due to having a coach to catch! The website had advertised it taking 1hr 45 minutes, but we left at the 2 hr mark in a bit of a rush. We wanted Jonny to know that we didn't leave out of choice, but necessity! Sorry we missed the end. Thanks for a great tour! :)

Visited November 2013
Hey guys! Don't worry about leaving early if you email the main office I will be happy to fill you in on anything you missed!! Hope to see you again soon Johnny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fab Tour!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked this tour on the internet and we had an excellent time. Our very passionate guide Ricky told and showed us the story of Jack the Ripper and his victims. Impressive and full of shocking, horrific details. We recommend this tour, you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Patries911
TitanicsDock, Manager at The Jack the Ripper Tour With Ripper Vision, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Hi, thanks for the review as an avid ripperologist I am passionate about my tours, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope to see you again soon. Cheers Ricky