“Great Pre-Theatre Menu”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stopped by here on the way to theatre. The 3 course pre-theatre menu was fabulous. The agedashi tofu was sublime as was the ice cream mochi - you must try the the mango-chili ice cream. The staff was efficient and friendly. The manditory service charge is sneaky, but it seems to be on every restaurant bill in London, so read your bills carefully.

1  Thank Ealhbrand

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was staying in the Grand Hotel. The food was good if I am honest. HOWEVER, may I warn you of 2 issues I have with this restaurant.
1:Do not sit near the main door, it is freezing when people open the door.
2:They put a sneaky service charge of 10% on the bill, NOT ACCEPTABLE, in my opinion.
How can restaurants continue to do this, their charges for food is not cheap to start with.
(I am not complaining about that), I expect to pay for good food, but not to get charged an extra 10%.
BE ashamed the owners of Watatsumi. I will never come back there again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Located next to Trafalgar Square, this new restaurant boasts great sushi with a very friendly staff.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We wandered in by chance, didn't know what to expect and were guided through the menu by the waitress. Delicious tempura monkfish, slow roasted pork and duck, all fantastic

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I went at watatsumi with a friend. The restaurant is conveniently located near charing cross (trafalgar square). Sushi is very good quality, nothing innovative really but very tasty and enjoyable. The restaurant venue is classy and nice in general. Service was very professional with us. Price tag was on the high end but overall worth it. Recommend!