“Good Chinese cuisine, but lousy service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Imperial London

Grand Imperial London
Ranked #1,894 of 22,225 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: An opulent Cantonese fine dining restaurant, Grand Imperial London has an elegant bar and specialises in authentic Hong Kong Cantonese cuisine. Designed around the concept of Feng Shui, Grand Imperial restaurant features stunning artwork, traditional artifacts and beautiful calligraphy. Striking and elegant, the Grand Imperial restaurant in Victoria has a sophisticated ambience, featuring amber velvet banquettes, well dressed tables and a warm colour scheme. The private dining room is exquisitely designed, creating an intimate and calm dining space. On Buckingham Palace Road, Grand Imperial in London is a stunning independent restaurant. Victoria Tube Station is just a 2-minute walk away.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Chinese cuisine, but lousy service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband & I love Chinese cuisine and since we can't find any good Chinese in our home country.. we look forward to dining here when we are in London. The duck is one of the best I have had. We dined here twice our last visit to London. However, the service needs some work. The servers seem preoccupied and annoyed by their customers. We had 3 different servers and no one refilled our wine or water glasses for us.. not once. You have to get their attention, which sometimes took awhile, and then they seemed annoyed and rude. On our second visit we asked for a manager to serve us and we had much better service that visit. We will return again next month for the food & ambiance, but we will ask for a manager from the start.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank luxpoet

London
“Probably the least charming staff ever encountered!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant, and sat down to the 2 course seasonal menu. I have to say the food was quite tasty however the staff were staggering. Everytime we tried to get their attention, they would begrudgingly stomp over and take our order. I did not see one smile from any of the staff whilst we were there. Eventually we got the giggles from the grumpiness, declared that all staff that work at the Grand Imperial must attend charm school immediately!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Amythebackpacker
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went on New Year’s Eve and simply didn’t know what to make of the place, the decor and the building is very nice and grand. The staff a bit hit and miss and confusing.
We had the set menu and everything tasted ok. The Duck was by far the best dish of the night (even my girlfriend agreed who doesn’t like Duck) but the rest was nothing special, nothing else I think I would want again. In my opinion it lacked any real quality or flavour. I ordered a curry sauce as a side order because I was worried it may be a little dry and it tasted fine but cannot believe they charge £8 for a side order of curry sauce.
We knew it was expensive from the reviews and expected to pay more but £135 for the two of us seemed pretty extreme for what we had.

If I was asked to go again for the same meal I wouldn’t want to pay more than £80 and even then that is generous.
I certainly don’t agree with the 12.5% service charge they add on but that more of a gripe I have with London than this restaurant.
I think I’ve been over generous with 3/5 and wouldn’t recommend it to a friend at those prices. If people really think that is the best Chinese in London then they need to come to Cardiff as we have plenty better.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great food and brilliant service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We arrived here shortly before 11pm on Saturday night after being let down by Quilon around the corner. We called ten minutes in advance to see if there would be any issuer getting a table so late and was told not to worry. All of the staff were polite and very friendly. As we wanted to order a set-menu with several courses it was explained to us that the dishes maybe served a little quicker than normally because of the time and we were given the option to choose other items. All of the food we ate was excellent and the we found the prices (including that of the wine) to be fair. At the end of our meal we still had some wine remaining and we were offered a wine cooler to take to our room with us (we were staying at the Grosvenor) which was lovely.

Visited January 2014
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice experience before seeing Wicked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were looking for something close to the theatre we would be attending for an afternoon performance and this was perfect. This is not a place we would usually attend with 2 children, but we thought it might be perfect for lunch! It was wonderful and I'm so glad we went! We chose the afternoon tea and it was the perfect amount of food and drink! The food was nice and it was great to get out of the loud and crowded places to this unique experience right around the corner from the theatre.

• Visited December 2013