“Good but expensive”

Ranked #1,869 of 23,025 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: An opulent Cantonese fine dining restaurant, Grand Imperial London has an elegant bar and specialises in authentic Hong Kong Cantonese cuisine. Designed around the concept of Feng Shui, Grand Imperial restaurant features stunning artwork, traditional artifacts and beautiful calligraphy. Striking and elegant, the Grand Imperial restaurant in Victoria has a sophisticated ambience, featuring amber velvet banquettes, well dressed tables and a warm colour scheme. The private dining room is exquisitely designed, creating an intimate and calm dining space. On Buckingham Palace Road, Grand Imperial in London is a stunning independent restaurant. Victoria Tube Station is just a 2-minute walk away.
Lakewood, Colorado
“Good but expensive”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Only reason I don't rate a five is the cost. Chinese food is usually very value conscious.

The food and service are top notch. The facilities understated elegant and the location is easily accessible.

The dim sum, main dishes and dessert are very good. Though the hot and sour soup missed the punch expected. I judge a Chinese restaurant by the ability to serve outstanding hot and sour soup.

Overall this restaurant satisfied a Chinese food craving. Recommend it overall.

london
“Stylish and delicious”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, excellent service, delicious dim sum and Chinese food. Would recommend for Chinese outside of china town!

London, United Kingdom
“No doubt about it, 5 star quality Chinese food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I’ve just come back from a fantastic works lunch here.

The surroundings are pretty sumptuous, lots of space, so you never feel crowded, attentive service (although slightly too keen on one or two occasions – that’s being very harsh though!), the décor and place-settings all looking very clean, crisp, classic – what you’d expect from any excellent asian cooking house.

As there were a few of us, I was fortunate enough to try a lot of what the menu had to offer. I started with won ton soup, no doubt about it, one of the best I’ve eaten (and I’ve tried a lot in my time!), The prawn filling was very generous, totally fresh and packed with a lot of flavour. We then moved onto crispy duck with pancakes. Personally I can’t really tell the difference between an excellent crispy duck and a not so good one, but this was as good as anything else I’ve had - not too fatty, plenty of flesh.

The mains however, were really special. Very well thought out stir fry/one pot dishes with fresh ingredients (we had scallops, prawns, squid and other seafood and all of it was fresh), nicely presented, good portions etc. They were happy to put a whole load in a takeaway box for us at the end so we can finish off what we didn’t have later tonight too – that was a nice touch as we didn’t ask. The last time I ate Chinese food this good was when I was living in Asia – I’d happily recommend this place to anybody.

The only minus is the price tag (some of the main courses were eye-wateringly expensive in my opinion), but then again, you are going to get some of the best Chinese food you’ve probably had by coming here, so it just depends on what your priorities are/how much spare cash you have/whether you can persuade that guy you’re doing business with to take you there for an early Christmas dinner!

Enjoy!

Buda, Texas
“Grand, and Imperial, in every way...”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Grand Imperial offers superb Chinese cuisine in an elegant space in the Grosvenor Hotel, adjacent to Victoria Station. The Grosvenor itself is one of the great old railway hotels, very nicely restored to its former glory, and Grand Imperial occupies a beautiful and stately space on the main floor, up a few steps from the street. We enjoyed a wonderful prix-fixe feast that began with superb dim sum and ran the full gamut through choices of entrees, sides, and desserts. The wine list was long and varied, but had several nice choices in our relatively modest price range. Menus range from under 40 pounds on up, as I recall, and are thoughtfully devised and presented. Service was cheerful and efficient, yet the overall atmosphere was one of relaxed elegance. The cuisine measured up well to Chinese dinners I've enjoyed in Europe, the US, and China itself. Overall, standards were uncompromising, and the whole establishment is set up to deliver memorable evenings. On this particular occasion, Grand Imperial certainly hit that target --

• Visited September 2013
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every respect”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Grand Imperial is very much as the name suggests, grand and with the elegance of empire.
The restaurant is part of the Grosvenor Hotel and is a haven of peace a stones throw from the bustle and noise of Victoria Station. I had lunch in the restaurant, the service was quietly understated and the staff very polite. The choice of food was also excellent and very reasonably priced for a genuinely classy establishment. The wine list was well balanced and also very reasonable. It was very noticeable that the majority of the diners were Chinese which will speak volumes to those who appreciate Chinese food at its best..
I've eaten in the Brasserie on several occasions so I know the venue well and I can honestly say the experience in the Grand imperial was memorable. I will be visiting again at the earliest opportunity.