“Ate here twice, very good both times”

The Loose Box Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #5,658 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: The Loose Box Bar & Kitchen is a treasure in the heart of Westminster.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate here for lunch and brunch and were surprised both times at the very good quality. Varied menu, good for families providng good value. I would certainly recommend if in the Horseferry road area.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were incredibly surprised to find such a great restaurant in the area primarily dominated by pubs with questionable quality of food.

They have good selection of drinks and the staff is efficient. We were sited quickly even though they were busy and our drinks arrived almost immediately. However, it’s the food there that will guarantee I will become a regular customer of the Loose Box. There were four of us and everything was delicious, fresh and well presented (they even tell you where it is from!). We had asparagus with perfectly cooked poached egg, cured salmon and poached cod cheeks for starters – exquisite and creative! For our mains we had steaks (cooked exactly as requested!), veggie burger. Everything was amazing and even though we were full, we could not say no to a cheese board and pineapple Carpaccio for pudding.

The only “bad” thing is that we stayed longer than we planned, got back late to work and spent more money because of that.... I can’t wait for Sunday when I can bring my family there to try the roast!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My dish was absolutely disgusting. this isn't my complaint. my issue is with the manager who, after i had spent over thirty pounds on an awful main course and couple of small drinks, told me over and over, and over again that i was wrong!!!!! now i have had plenty of seabass. cooked it myself (surprisingly easy to.make it nice). this fish was not fresh but mingin, tasted bad and was grosly fishy!!! grim grim grim. but staff WORST of all. where is the customer service in this world? heeeeeeellllp!!!! lol

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to the Loose Box through a recommendation that it has quality food, great atmosphere and nice selection of wines. I am glad that I listened! There were four of us and we were seated very quickly. We weren’t pushed to make orders as we took our time to choose from the selection. The food that we chose was excellent and it came out in a timely fashioned even though the restaurant was very busy. The people in the Loose Box were great people giving it a warm and nice environment to go out to. We were told that the venue has recently been refurbished and I must say it looks great! Would highly recommend this to anyone seeking a nice evening meal with friends.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took a couple of clients out for a meal close to there hotel as they didn't want to travel far. I was in luck due to having been told in that area of a great place. Turned up at the Loose Box was seated right away which was a surprise considering how busy it was. My clients were from out the country and were not particularly familiar with British food which was a rick on my behalf. thankfully all 4 clients enjoyed themselves. I plan to go back as I noticed they had been closed for refurbishment.