“A real traditional, local pub with great food”

The Plume of Feathers
Ranked #934 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Boca Raton, Florida
“A real traditional, local pub with great food”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

The Plume is a local pub in the quiet backstreets of Greenwich, right near the park exit (near the pond/playground!). The bar staff are fantastic and serve well kept beer, which obviously is the most important part of a pub. Combined with the restaurant, fire, beer garden and good beer it really is a great place to visit.

Visited May 2014

Swindon, United Kingdom
“What a smashing Pub, that does what British pubs do best”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

At last a decent Sunday to go out, 70f and the sun shining. Was visiting my daughter in Greenwich and after a disappointing experience at Jamie Oliver's the previous evening we went for a long walk and ended up going for lunch in the Plume of Feathers. As I said it was a beautiful day and the Pubs around Greenwich were heaving with locals and tourists alike. We went in and found a table in a pretty back garden with a children's play area. We went to bar and were served quickly by 2 very friendly and efficient bar staff, we got menus and ordered 2 Sunday roasts and 2 Fish & Chips. My wife explained her Gluten allergy, no problem, we can accommodate her. The food arrived 10 mins. later piping hot,freshly cooked, and generous portions. The Fish was beautiful, and they made proper chips, big, fresh and plenty of them. My wife's roast beef was thickly carved and melted in her mouth. Great atmosphere and lots of people seemingly very happy with the weather and the great service and good food. Everything a good British Pub should be. Will definitely be going again.

• Visited March 2014
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Never again.......”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub for Sunday lunch with my sister-in-law who was visiting from Norfolk. She used to live in Greenwich and loves it there. The waiting staff were extremely pleasant and polite and we didn't have to wait too long for our meals. Unfortunately. I had the chicken roast - chicken was awful, tasteless and watery. The roast potatoes tasted like they'd been cooked last Wednesday. Veg was okay. My husband had the same and he agreed with me - and he'll eat anything! My sister-in-law had the roast beef and was not impressed. Giving the benefit of the doubt I tried my niece's burger - obviously home made which I thought was promising but had no taste other than chilli and onion. My 6 year old's roast pork was really nice - but his Yorkshire pudding was so doughy and rubbery I nearly heaved after trying it and told him not to eat it. We always have dessert but couldn't get out of there quick enough and skipped that course. The bill was, we thought, expensive. We are not tight or fussy - just like to appreciate a good meal and eat out at least once a week. "They" say you get what you pay for but I'm afraid we didn't here. Very disappointed.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely, hidden away gem.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Came here for lunch and to check the place out as we are trying to find an intimate, yet friendly pub/restaurant to have our wedding reception. The Plume ticked a lot of our boxes. Lovely area, great parking, intimate but family friendly. Restaurant area is set at the back of the bar area. The garden with additional seating looked really pretty. Service was prompt, and very courteous. Food was delicious, fresh and homemade. The burgers are amazing, as well as the prices! I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to get away from the hubbub of the town centre. The pub is definitely in our top 3 for reception choice!

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Dog friendly”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a rainy Sunday for Sunday lunch as we could bring the dog. The lunch didn't take too long arrive and the chicken was perfect! The veg were a bit undercooked and the gravy a bit watery so we will probably try some other lunch venues before visiting again. It was a nice atmosphere for drinks.