“Never again.......”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited this pub for Sunday lunch with my sister-in-law who was visiting from Norfolk. She used to live in Greenwich and loves it there. The waiting staff were extremely pleasant and polite and we didn't have to wait too long for our meals. Unfortunately. I had the chicken roast - chicken was awful, tasteless and watery. The roast potatoes tasted like they'd been cooked last Wednesday. Veg was okay. My husband had the same and he agreed with me - and he'll eat anything! My sister-in-law had the roast beef and was not impressed. Giving the benefit of the doubt I tried my niece's burger - obviously home made which I thought was promising but had no taste other than chilli and onion. My 6 year old's roast pork was really nice - but his Yorkshire pudding was so doughy and rubbery I nearly heaved after trying it and told him not to eat it. We always have dessert but couldn't get out of there quick enough and skipped that course. The bill was, we thought, expensive. We are not tight or fussy - just like to appreciate a good meal and eat out at least once a week. "They" say you get what you pay for but I'm afraid we didn't here. Very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for The Plume of Feathers

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Came here for lunch and to check the place out as we are trying to find an intimate, yet friendly pub/restaurant to have our wedding reception. The Plume ticked a lot of our boxes. Lovely area, great parking, intimate but family friendly. Restaurant area is set at the back of the bar area. The garden with additional seating looked really pretty. Service was prompt, and very courteous. Food was delicious, fresh and homemade. The burgers are amazing, as well as the prices! I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to get away from the hubbub of the town centre. The pub is definitely in our top 3 for reception choice!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a rainy Sunday for Sunday lunch as we could bring the dog. The lunch didn't take too long arrive and the chicken was perfect! The veg were a bit undercooked and the gravy a bit watery so we will probably try some other lunch venues before visiting again. It was a nice atmosphere for drinks.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I love Greenwich and love most of the pubs in and around the area, but the Plume of Feathers is our favourite. The pub section feels really informal and relaxed, the restaurant is lovely and the garden is always nice for a summertime beer. The staff and locals are really friendly.

It's not as busy as the pubs on Royal Hill, which also appeals.

Only issue I've had is that we ate in the restaurant recently and sat by the window and there was a really freezing cold draft. But it's not something that would put me off.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Delighted to find an unpretentious pub in London. Spare ribs were delicious. .tasty mushroom Wellington and burger looked nice. Prices were reasonable. Ate here before going to the Turner exhibition which was less than 5 minutes away.