“Friendly restaurant in a convenient location”

Romance Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked away between London's Euston and St Pancras stations on Chalton Street, ROMANCE Mediterranean Restaurant is a bustling bistro-style restaurant popular with commuters, local office workers and coffee-loving locals. With its brightly lit shop front and vibrant interior - which is decorated with wooden furniture, ceiling fans, chalkboard specials menus and pot plants - ROMANCE is a great place for business breakfasts, casual lunches and animated evening meals with colleagues, family or friends. Just off Euston Road, the restaurant is close to the British Library and ROMANCE's menu includes everything from soups and salads to pasta.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The service was friendly, helpful, and not pushy. There were four of us in our group and all of us enjoyed our meals. There are some vegetarian options that, although not unusual dishes, were very nicely prepared (I had a penne arrabiata and my husband had a warm goat's cheese salad). The prices were very reasonable and there was a good selection of drinks. It's very close to King's Cross station but far enough away that you don't feel like you're in a crowd of travellers. I would definitely recommend going here.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Modest mediterranean food within 100-200m of Euston Station at modest price. Choice of mixture of starters or mains. Nice welcoming relaxed atmosphere. We arrived 6pm with plenty of room and it started to fill by 7pm. I had sea bass nicely cooked with salad, and my daughter Moules and frites sides. Also had a nice starter of herb spaghetti with wonderful garlic butter. I would recommend this. Cost including drinks £20-25 a head.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Large servings of very ordinary food that can so easily be prepared in your own home...our home cooking is more imaginative. The food reminded us of dishes served in restaurants about 20 or more years ago but at today's prices...grilled salmon with some green veg etc. Some of the food was tasty enough but looked like it had been purchased from a supermarket, for example, the pita bread - over heated in a microwave or oven. A nice olive tree in a pot at the door but once inside the ambience/"romance" deteriorates with a large TV in the corner, cheap tables, ordinary decor etc. After going to a fabulous restaurant with river views the night before and paying similar prices, we just couldn't believe that this restaurant has been ranked so highly! The staff were pleasant enough but seemed to lack confidence and the ability to communicate well, even though it was a quiet night with only a couple of other groups there. Our entree of whitebait was huge...fried in what tasted like reused oil - we only ate a little. The salmon was cooked well but my husbands prawn & chorizo dish was dripping in oil. The chorizo sausage really needed to be drained on absorbent paper...like we said previously, any good home cook knows that small things like that improve both the presentation and taste of the dish. So...we think this restaurant has definitely been over rated and we are unsure why...a very disappointing night.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is one restuarnt I could go back to often as the food was so authetic and that I deubt they use anything frozen. Humus was the best I have had since ever. The service staff are very welcoming.

1  Thank GGBARCELONA
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a long decision on where to eat, we finally decided here.... so glad we did. Fantastic atmosphere, wonderful staff and exceptional food... very highly recommend.

2  Thank rachienmatt