“Great little French restaurant”
Review of Miz en Bouche

Miz en Bouche
Ranked #4,118 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: Bringing the fun side of French cuisine to trendy Islington, Miz en Bouche is a relaxed, contemporary hideaway on St John Street. With an informal, laidback vibe at its core, traditional sharing fondues are a Miz en Bouche speciality, while the modern bar serves a mix of classic cocktails, rich coffees and fine wines. A modern, edgy space within one of the area's magnificent townhouses, the Miz en Bouche dining room is streaked with lime green banquettes, and nostalgic Notre Dame wall murals.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really cute place; tiny but packed on a Tuesday night.
Simple dishes, well executed. Delish chips to go with the perfectly cooked steaks.
Very friendly staff.
Good value for money.
Definitely a little hole-in-the-wall gem of a place you wouldn't expect a stone's throw away from Angel tube.
Will be going back! A good place for a date!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to try a local restaurant we hadn't been too before and used a Groupon to do so. What a find. Staff friendly from the moment we called up to book to the moment we left. Brilliant environment to chat and relax in as well as the delicious and well priced french food.We'll be going back and paying full price very soon and recommending to friends and family.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

In an unprepossessing location but close to Sadlers Wells, this certainly is a hidden gem (take a map and compass!) The gracious welcome continued throughout the meal, with attentive service from the delightful staff, and the food was excellent. We had the three-course special for the day; we both started with warm prawn salad, my husband had pork chop with a bean cassoulet and I had a very artistic-looking mushroom pasta with truffles, then we both had the chocolate mousse – all superb. Add a carafe of wine and it still wasn't too expensive.

I think they are open all the way through the day from breakfast onwards. Highly recommended, and we'll certainly go again when in London.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We came here on a groupon offer after seeing the number of excellent reviews on trip advisor and we were definitely not disappointed! All the waiters were very friendly and accommodating. All the food was incredible- we had scallops and onion tart to start and duck and steak as mains. Definitely recommend the steak - my partner said it was the best he'd eaten! The atmosphere was very warm and friendly and in such a good location! It was quite a pricey restaurant without the deal we were on but if you're looking for a very well cooked and served meal without a small budget then I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Being the friend of one of the reviews below (HungryHippo85) I can't add much more than has already been so eloquently described!

The restaurant really is a hidden gem, no more than 10 minutes walk from Angel tube. The staff are lovely, the food is beautifully cooked, and with/without a Tastecard I find their prices to be extremely reasonable.

I will definitely be visiting Miz en Bouche again and again!