“Consistently great tasting high quality meat”
Review of Kish Restaurant

Kish Restaurant
Ranked #966 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Kilburn High Road is a hive of activity and is filled with bustling caf��s, restaurants and bars in north London. Kish is a favourite with locals for its fresh Persian/Iranian food and cosy, neighbourhood atmosphere, and the restaurant stands out slong the strip with its huge clay oven and chef���s work bench in the shopfront window. Step inside and the walls are a deep magenta giving the space a friendly glow. The floors are tiled and the vibe here is informal ��� but Kish is suitable for business dining or fun celebrations. The menu is filled with classic kebabs and grills and we recommend the charcoal grilled lamb chops with saffron steamed basmati rice and a grilled tomato for main course.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Why I have not yet written a review for this place is beyond me!!
I have been eating here for 3 years now. I even had my pre wedding dinner here.
The owner, Masoud is great great guy who treats his costumers like friends and family. The staff are friendly, the restaurant is small and set up for families rather than a fancy dinner out, but the food is fantastic.
Unlike most persian/Iranian restaurants that start off with good quality meat and then exchange it for cheaper cuts once established, Kish continues to serve high end quality meat.
Their Chenjeh still melts in your mouth even when its well done. The koobideh is delicious (unlike most persian resaurants, it is NOT just doused with lots of onion).

Their chicken is always tender and marinated to perfection.

I love this place and since i began eating here, i have not (and cannot!) visit any other iranian restaurant.
Don't eat here unless you're prepared to be hooked for life!!

There are newer reviews for Kish Restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is one of our favourites...yes the portions are enormous, so we share.
The waiters are always pleased to see us...lovely smiles from them. The owner is always there too, watching everything.
It is busy, no worries..they somehow always find room..the last time we found ourselves with the owners table!
What to order...2 starters and one main to share is enough for the two for us. The mains are all very reasonable from£8-£12.50.. And there are many vegetarian options...the lamb is superb here..especially the lamb shank...the rice, well I have to say the best rice in London..it beats the Thais...they put two types of rice in one dish...
deserts..we have never made it that far. There is no licence and I don't think you can bring your own, so have one of their yoghurts drinks or their marvellous mint tea that comes with dates.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was staying at the Marriott across the street, and Kish looked promising. It was crowded - always a good sign. I ordered the grilled minced lamb with rice for take away. It is reasonably priced at under 10 pounds for the meal plus a small salad. The downside to being crowded is that it took close to 30 minutes to get my order.

In any event, the dinner portion was huge. Easily enough for dinner and then lunch the next day! The minced lamb was kind of disappointing - it reminded me of the "mystery meat" from the high school cafeteria. It just seemed unnatural. Aside from appearances, the lamb and rice combination was simply bland. It wasn't terrible - just lacking the spice I was expecting from a Persian grill.

I can't say I will be back at Maida Vale anytime soon, but if I were, I am not sure I would return.

2  Thank dchen666
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Big big meals, as expected, lots of meat, Persian style, attentive service, pretty cheap, a good local, lots of options.

1  Thank DavidF2011
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Our dinner started very promising. The restaurant was very busy and even though we didn't have any reservations they managed to squeeze us in. Our starter, which was a shared platter made up of a selection of 5 of our choice, was very nice. It was however very disappointing that the chicken never came because they forgot and in the end was replaced with another yoghurt based sauce. The various chicken and lamb dishes and the mixed chicken with lamb dish and their freshly baked nan bread are simply delicious. But the portions were sooo big that we could only finish half. It would have been better if we had shared... such a waste of food. The king prawns were unfortunately overcooked, thus very dry. Instead of rice we had asked for it to be served with nan bread. Not a good move; the dish now was very plain and boring. The sauces to accompany the prawns arrived after we had finished our meal. Despite delicious food we had a mediocre experience due to forgetfulness of staff and long wait.

3  Thank funkyfiorella