“Best pub close to home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Queen Adelaide

The Queen Adelaide
Reserve with OpenTable
The Queen Adelaide is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,983 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since its refurbishment in December 2008 The Adelaide has been converted into a modern 'gastro' pub, complete with open kitchen and dining room to the rear where an impressive feature chandelier sets the tone and is accentuated by wood panelling, a domed fire place and retro wallpaper.
“Best pub close to home!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Living in the Shepherd's Bush area there is quite a bit of choice for food.
But I think this is the best pub in the area.

The only thing I find hard is that getting the service at the bar at first. But then the table service is excellent.

The food is great, the atmosphere is great.

1 Thank Katieceebee

“A Quality Gastro-pub.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

- Great Quality food and good menu
- Very friendly staff
- Good atmosphere, very clean
- Will be going again (On Wednesday's is bring your own wine)

My friends have been nagging me and trying to drag me in here for ages and I finally succumbed to their wishes and felt like a complete idiot. This is a VERY good place to eat.

My girl and I strolled around the corner and decided to eat in the new bar area which is right next to open kitchen and great for a date. We went on a Wednesday and brought our own wine which is a nice idea as it meant we had more to spend on food.
The staff were fantastic from the moment we walked in. Justin leads the team and we debated with him and a female colleague on what the best options were on the menu. His knowledge was excellent and it's not common enough to have someone who wants to help you pick the best options for you and will spend some time. My partner had never tried Ox Tongue but wanted something hearty and after a chat with Justin she went for it and was very pleased with her dish. I had the ribs which fell off the bone and were some of the best I've had.

The Sticky toffee pudding with honeycomb ice cream was delicious and we both will be going back probably within a week!

This place offers something different in the often drudgery of Uxbridge Road. Give it a try and enjoy good food in a relaxing atmosphere. It's my new local for sure.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really lovely pub, fab food.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a meal with a friend recently. Melt in the mouth ribs that were literally some 0of the best I've ever had! We also had 4 starters to share which were all really good. Rillette is on so many menus and so often flavourless - not here. It was really tasty and the consistency perfect. Charming staff too. Great little pub.

London, United Kingdom
“Food, wine and service all great”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Four of us had a really good lunch on a lovely hot summer day. We were given plenty of time to choose our food and wine and we were offered tap water without needing to ask for it, always a plus in my book. Our meals, mainly salads were tasty and imaginative, grilled water melon..........yummy. My squid was both crispy on the outside and very tender inside. We chose a wine none of us had had before, chosen for that reason. It was a Picpoul de Pinet and it was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful, attentive but not intrusive. Will definately go again.

London
“The village pub in the Bush”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

An fantastic pub with an equally fantastic atmosphere. It is a place that has a real community feel to it. Nice breakfast over the weekend and a typical pub menu for the rest of the week with quality roasts on Sundays. It was my local when I was in London and I was very lucky to have made some life long friends to organising a nanny share in the old QA. Fantastic times and people who make it a proper pub!

Now I need a beer...