“One of the best Mexican restaurants in London”

Lupita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,917 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: London's most authentic Mexican taqueria. The same tastes, ingredients, flavors and smells found in Mexico City. As one of the most popular restaurants providing authentic Mexico City cuisine in London, the chefs at Lupita pride themselves on the authenticity of their dishes. Choosing to use only fresh, flavoursome ingredients to create exciting and tastebud tingling dishes, the menus at Lupita are a true reflection of the incredible flavours, colours and smells found throughout Mexico. In September 2012, Zagat, the worldwide ratings and reviews website for restaurants, released their London 2012 survey results announcing that Lupita had made the top five Mexican restaurants in the city.Enjoy a wide range of dishes from tacos, tostadas, quesadillas and enchiladas to salads, soups and totopos (traditional homemade tortilla chips) before washing it all down with one of Lupita’s much loved margaritas, made with 100% agave tequila.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We've been finding ourselves coming back to Lupita as it is without doubt one of the best Mexican restaurants in London.

The food is superb. Proper authentic Mexican and very different than what you'll find in your average London Mexican tourist trap restaurant. Drinks are great too. Sol with lime juice and salted glass has become a favourite of mine.

Oh, and the staff are great too. Friendly and helpful service every time.

Can't recommend enough. If you're looking for a great Mexican meal in London, then you can't go wrong coming to Lupita.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I have gone to Lupita several times since we lived in London. Every time we go we eat very good. It is a simple restaurant, but keeps true the Mexican flavour, at least for this side of the world…

I can vouch for the:
Guacamole artesanal, It is amazing! And plenty served with totopos
The Chicharron de queso is sooo good. It is very thin grilled cheese in the form of a huge cone, served with guacamole.
The Tuna tostada is just wow!!! Since I tried it, this is what I order. Is different, is tasty, a little bit spicy. Just perfect!
The Queso fundido whit mushrooms or chorizo, just a nice starter.

My favorite Mexican dish is the taco al pastor, I have to say that here they are not so bad, but the pork is not as good as in Mexico… maybe is technique… I do not know, but they are not as good as I expected.

Not very true dishes
Sopa de tortilla, it is very thick it is not the tomato broth it is supposed to be.
And I order once the Cajeta crepe, and specifically asked the waiter if it was real cajeta… he did not know… tried it, and it was not. It is just average dulce de leche. Good, but no the real thing.

As all in London, it is a little bit overpriced, but what isn’t… eating cheap in London go to pret-a-manger…

Even though, I will recommend Lupita any day of the week. It has a very good Latin touch in a city full of French, Italian and Asian food…

Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you have found better, please share!!! Tacos are your best bet here--pork, chicken, or beef---all excellent. Ceviche was absolutely awful. It was clear that it had been prepared hours ahead and what should only have been citrus juice appeared to have oil in it. And speaking of oil, please stop putting it in your guacamole. That is not authentic. Our server (from Mexico) agreed. She obligingly left it out. Servers were great. Would like to see them warm up the ambiance a bit more---it is somewhat sterile and cafeteria like. Beats Wahaca and Cantina Laredo. Edges Taqueria in margaritas, but not in food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked a table for 12 for my friend's stag. Sat downstairs on a long table to accomodate all of us, conveniently right by the bar. Staff were incredibly friendly and made sure we had everything. A few of the guys in the party were normally very fussy but they absolutely loved the food in Lupitas, with lots of praise coming my way for the great choice of restaurant! I was particularly impressed by the guacamole that was made infront of us and the Margarita jugs were great! I would highly recommend this restaurant if you're fed up of TexMex food and are craving real Mexican cuisine. After all, the restaurant is Mexican owned and the waiters and waitresses all seemed Mexican so if anyone's going to serve you the Mexican way, it will be these guys...I can't wait to go back again!!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great beef tacos with an excellent margarita made for a lovely lunch today!! Nice menu with good variety. Excellent staff/service.