“Fantastic mexican food in a handy location”

Lupita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,917 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: London's most authentic Mexican taqueria. The same tastes, ingredients, flavors and smells found in Mexico City. As one of the most popular restaurants providing authentic Mexico City cuisine in London, the chefs at Lupita pride themselves on the authenticity of their dishes. Choosing to use only fresh, flavoursome ingredients to create exciting and tastebud tingling dishes, the menus at Lupita are a true reflection of the incredible flavours, colours and smells found throughout Mexico. In September 2012, Zagat, the worldwide ratings and reviews website for restaurants, released their London 2012 survey results announcing that Lupita had made the top five Mexican restaurants in the city.Enjoy a wide range of dishes from tacos, tostadas, quesadillas and enchiladas to salads, soups and totopos (traditional homemade tortilla chips) before washing it all down with one of Lupita’s much loved margaritas, made with 100% agave tequila.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stumled accross this nice little place after having some really nice wine in the trendy little wine bar opposite embanquement tube station.
It was just whats I needed, service is speedy, menus handed to us minute we came in the door and drinks order taken. Food arrived quickly and was very tasty and of great quality! I had a chicken buritto which was lovelly. Very reasonably priced also.
Location is very handy opposite charing cross station and a few mins from embanqment.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Dined here with a friend sharing the fresh guacamole starter and having a main each. Portions are generous and the food is good but the bill was higher than I'd has anticipated.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at 6.15 they told us they only had a table if we'd empty it by 7.30. We agreed, but in the end were outside by 7, due to the pushy waitress who'd take your plates the second you took your last bite and instantly asked more you wanted. We deducted the 12.5% voluntary gratuity they irritatingly add to your bill, because it ruined our dining experience. If you want fresh food at the speed of McDonald's this is the place.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm 50% Mexican/50% Norwegian, raised in South Tex/Northern Mex & now live in Norway, this is the BEST I have found so far and I eat here every time I am in London! LOVE them! Their tacos al pastor is spot on, and by far my favorite.

2  Thank vgarza
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Came here with a friend for a quick lunch. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, and the food was delicious, I had a quesadilla.. Strikes me as the kind of place that's great for drinks, and if you're not very hungry. Loved the atmosphere, will be going here again.