“Bringing Mexico to London”

Lupita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,601 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: London's most authentic Mexican taquería. The same tastes, ingredients, flavors and smells found in Mexico City. As one of the most popular restaurants providing authentic Mexico City cuisine in London, the chefs at Lupita pride themselves on the authenticity of their dishes. Choosing to use only fresh, flavoursome ingredients to create exciting and tastebud tingling dishes, the menus at Lupita are a true reflection of the incredible flavours, colours and smells found throughout Mexico. In September 2012, Zagat, the worldwide ratings and reviews website for restaurants, released their London 2012 survey results announcing that Lupita had made the top five Mexican restaurants in the city.Enjoy a wide range of dishes from tacos, tostadas, quesadillas and enchiladas to salads, soups and totopos (traditional homemade tortilla chips) before washing it all down with one of Lupita’s much loved margaritas (made with 100% agave tequila).The team at Lupita are also proud to offer diners the opportunity to taste some of Mexico’s hard-to-find beers including Pacifico, Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo as well as a variety of Mexican, South American and Spanish wines.
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Bringing Mexico to London”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great restaurant that I discovered while walking around Charing Cross station. On my following trip to London I finally gave it a try and it was great. Some of the kitchen staff are native Mexicans so the Tacos et al are what I would expect if I had them in Durango or Cancun.

Visited January 2013

• Greek first
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Lupita is a welcome change in London, the food is excellent, the margaritas are even better and the staff are the best. The whole experience was 100% pleasurable. I highly recommend it and will be back for more.
I also found out there is a second restaurant, Lupita east, so will definitely be visiting that next.
It's a true gem.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank sallyc19
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious and friendly authentic Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We came here tonight for a friend's birthday dinner in a group of 14. The staff were fantastic, service was efficient, helpful and friendly, and the food was utterly delicious! We tried the sharing platters and were astonished by the number of dishes and the range of food. Everything we tried was amazing. Friends tried other dishes off the menu - all of which looked beautiful and our friends said were delicious, without exception.

“Incredible”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We had been looking around all evening for a Mexican restaurant and happened to stumble across Lupita. We were put on the waiting list and recieved a phone call when our table was ready. A good start. We then had great reccommendations from the waiter and were delighted to discover that the food was incredibly good! Easily the best Mexican I've had in London.
The prices are very reasonable and the service was fast and attentive. Don't be put off by the bad reviews on here; either the reviewers are hugely exaggerating or they were in a different restaurant!
I couldn't fault it and I look forward to returning to Lupita in the very near future.

1 Thank nharryh
Fort Worth, TX
“Texan Approved!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across this restaurant and I was very dubious about trying Mexican food in England. But! It was delicious! The Mojito was so great, the guacamole was perfect and the main corses we had were excellent. I loved this place so much I'll definitely come back here next time we are in the area.

2 Thank Kristie999