“Best dinner in 5 years in London”
Review of Gola Restaurant

Gola Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Sun, 9/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #617 of 28,444 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian food from Puglia, (close to Chelsea stadium)
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to Gola with my boyfriend a couple of days ago.
Since when we came in we felt like at home.
The service was amazing and the food even better.
I had the best ravioli with pecorino cheese, truffle and honey of my life.
And the dessert was WOW!!
Definitely recommend this place to everyone.
Can’t wait to come back!!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank yordanost878
Write a reviewReviews (582)

Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

Simply delicious food for a hot-summer, London night. The smiling team were warm and welcoming. Unusual fun decor. We sat in the back yard which was lovely.

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Small place with funky decor and ambiance. Freshly prepared pasta and pizzas. I am not if it is the best Italian pasta that one may find in London but it is an excellent value.
Service is outstanding and the owner will make sure that you will have an unforgettable dining experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Very nice restaurant with a delicious Italian food. Good atmosphere, good location, very welcome people working there.

Reviewed July 1, 2019

I was so looking forward to Gola for my birthday meal, however it was one of the most disappointing dining experiences I've had in London. Although our female waitress was incredibly friendly, when my pasta was delivered to the table and I took a bite, it was freezing cold. I told another male waiter that it was cold and he shrugged. I stared at him, hoping the shrug would warm it up - it didn't. After a long enough stare of shock, he finally took my plate to the kitchen quite reluctantly after asking "How could pasta straight from the kitchen be cold?" - I had exactly the same thoughts.
About 10 minutes later, my dish was returned with a boiling hot plate and slightly warmer pasta (their microwave works apparently). I couldn't be bothered to complain again as the male waiter continued to be rude for the rest of the evening.
This place is completely overpriced with an extremely rude waiter. I've also just read some reviews and I assume the rude waiter replies to people who have the same issue. I will not be recommending this place to anyone.

Date of visit: June 2019