“Wary if it was vegan”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Bella Italia have over 100 Italian restaurants across the UK serving pizza, pasta, Italian classics and more, made with ingredients from Italian-family producers.
Reviewed June 11, 2019

We order a nice man took the and them came back to theirs no vegan cheese for my pizza and I said just do it without cheese which was fine but when the food eventually came the lady said to my sister do u want Parmesan on your pasta to my sister who is vegan the food was ok the pasta swimming in water and it was definitely chicken not veggie chicken they said it was vegan without checking the kitchen their was only two on downstairs they were run ragged that’s when mistakes happen I also had meerkat meals they forgot I had to get the receipt printed again the just need more staff the toilets were awful 2 out of the four were seatless and blocked in the other

Reviewed June 5, 2019

We had tickets to see "9 to 5" at the Savoy Theatre and had decided to eat here as we had been before. The set price menu is extremely good and the quality of food and service is excellent!! We were not rushed to vacate our table even when large numbers came for a meal - I like that attitude.
We shall certainly use this great restaurant every time we come to London for a show!!

Reviewed June 5, 2019

I rarely visit chain restaurants, but last Saturday whilst in London, I had lunch at Bella Italia in the Strand. I'm on a diet, so I had a Caesar's salad, I also enjoyed some squid to start. The food was very good and plenty of it too. Gabriel was our waiter and he was first class, most attentive without being in our face. tables were well spaced. I was very impressed.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

We have visited various Bella Italia restaurants before and enjoyed the experience so more or less knew what to expect. However, on this occasion we were a disappointed with the main course. We chose a dish from the new menu with Gramigna pasta and did not like it at all. We have not had this pasta type before, but found it very hard and chewy (we weren’t sure how it should be served, but would not expect pasta to have that consistency). Also there seemed far too much of it compared with the other ingredients – certainly more than was displayed on the photo on the menu card. The taste was ok so we struggled through, but would never choose it again. The rest of the meal and service were both first class.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 18, 2019

From the moment I walked in, all of the members of staff were warm, helpful and polite. I arrived before the reservation time, but I was escorted to my table, offered a menu: specials and full menu.
The waiter (Pablo Picasso) was funny, efficient and very patient- it was so difficult to choose our meals, because we were really spoiled for choice.

We shared a starter (Fritto Misto- fried seafood) then risotto for me and pollo funghi (mushrooms with chicken) for my friends, then deserts-Eaton mess sundae, strawberry cheesecake- all delightful. Lovely atmosphere, relaxing, we could have stayed all night. We received a discount code for another visit, when we settled the bill. We will definitely go back.

Thank you so Pablo for making our evening really special.

Date of visit: May 2019