“Great restaurant”

Ranked #1,574 of 28,444 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: In the very heart of London, The Terrace offers Victorian elegance and superb modern cuisine. There are excellent views of the Strand and Trafalgar Square. Housed in a Grade II Listed building with original period features, The Terrace has a light and airy interior with striking floor-to-ceiling windows. Diners at Amba Hotel Charing Cross can also enjoy afternoon tea in cosy, welcoming surroundings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely loved the chicken thigh stuffed with pistachio in a leek sauce it was delicious. Had chunky chips to go with it and they were really good. Restaurant has a lovely calm atmosphere. Eton Mess for dessert which I would not usually choose but was very good. Would highly recommend

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (343)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in London to celebrate three big birthdays and popped in to the Amba to have some cocktails in the Terrace Bar. The lovely chap on the door was politeness itself and showed us to the Bar where two happy friendly ladies greeted us and ran through the cocktail menu.
We picked three and chose some snacks (to line the tummies). the cocktails were superb and I can thoroughly recommend the Negroni, expertly prepared by Martinou. Probably the best Negroni I've ever had.
As we finished our delicious snacks, Martinou brought us a plate of absolutley exquisite cakes as a present as it was our birthdays. They were gorgeous, and no sooner had we thanked her for that than she appeared back with the manager and a chocolate cake with a candle and happy birthday piped on the plate, and singing happy birthday. and thank you to the lovely people at the next table who joined the singing and kindly took photos of us blowing out the candle!
We were already overwhelmed and thanked them profusely when a little box of truffles appeared for each of us.

It truly made our day and it was so generous. the staff were lovely and it made our birthday treat even more special. I'm speechless with gratitude for their kindness
. thank you againMore

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

We paid £25 per person for afternoon tea as part of a Hidden London tour. What a mistake.

This place is badly organised and has poor quality food and drink. When I go to Betty's for afternoon tea I get proper loose leaf tea not teabags, I get clotted cream for my scones and we get actually edible cakes rather than the garish ones offered to us.

I wish I had seen the reviews for the afternoon tea specifically rather than for the hotel (which seems good) as I wouldn't have booked. Avoid, and go to Fortnums.

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Went here to eat only. Friendly nice staff. Great food and a glass of Prosecco.

When the blinds go up you can see though Trafalgar Square. Lovely cooked chicken.

1  Thank JH72
Reviewed July 17, 2019

A very nice breakfast. Wait staff was attentive and food choice plentiful. Very peaceful and quintessentially English ♥️