“Great for a get together”
Review of The Terrace

The Terrace
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #1,526 of 28,200 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: In the very heart of London, The Terrace offers Victorian elegance and superb modern cuisine. There are excellent views of the Strand and Trafalgar Square. Housed in a Grade II Listed building with original period features, The Terrace has a light and airy interior with striking floor-to-ceiling windows. Diners at Amba Hotel Charing Cross can also enjoy afternoon tea in cosy, welcoming surroundings.
Reviewed May 21, 2019

We held our School Reunion Lunch here for the 13th year running. Konrad and his team always look after us and we have an excellent time. The food is amazing value for a central London location and the ambiance conducive to our annual gathering. We all enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to meeting again next year.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

We purchased an afternoon tea for 4 people using the Groupon voucher and it was fantastic value. The restaurant accommodated all of our dietary restrictions (1 was vegan, 1 was vegetarian, and 1 didn't eat seafood). Our server (Marta? Martina? can't remember name) was excellent! We were there on a weekday afternoon and didn't feel rushed and we were offered complimentary refills on tea and sandwiches.

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous afternoon tea . Great value for money . Lovely food and brilliant service from the lovely Martina .

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I took my mother to London for the day to celebrate her 80th.
We had booked afternoon tea at the Amba as it was convenient for the station .
It wasn’t great ....
First off the lady who came over said immediately “Are you on a groupon?”... we weren’t and when I told her she said “ I’m that case we give you a second round of sandwiches and unlimited tea”.

The sandwiches and cakes came up and looked all very pleasant.
I have to say the sandwiches were fine , they weren’t dry and they were quite tasty...
The cakes how ever were absolutely terrible !!!
The scones were rock hard and tasteless.. like an old bread roll ..the rest of the cakes were just not pleasant at all.
Considering we were not on a groupon not once did anyone come around and offer us more sandwiches or even a second cup of tea !!
We were in and out in 40 mins .. not what I had in mind at all.
It was a shame as I wouldn’t have been so bothered if it hadn’t been my mums 80th.
So very disappointing and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank lakeyloo
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Went to The Terrace which is situated in the Amba Hotel. We sat in the enclosed
terrace. Very welcoming staff and attention to detail made our afternoon tea very special. GREAT selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes...yummy!!!

Date of visit: April 2019