“Great meal and fantastic service”
Review of Zizzi - Tower Hill

Zizzi - Tower Hill
Ranked #897 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Less than a 5 minute walk from Tower Hill tube station, our Tower Hill restaurant is located right by London’s iconic Tower of London. And although our restaurant sits at the base of the stunningly modern Tower Place building, just to the right of our entrance is All Hallows by the Tower: the oldest church in the city of London. In fact, it’s the final resting place of several who were beheaded at the Tower back in the day. But try not to think about that while you’re eating. Wifi available here
Haslemere, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal and fantastic service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had lunch after a family visit to the Tower of London. Restaurant was busy however we were seated quickly and our order was taken promptly. Food was great the service really was fantastic from all of the staff.

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Good service when on limited time in lunch hour”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I work nearby and therefore this is really handy to go to for lunch occasionally. The service is good especially as I am on limited time in my lunch hour and the staff are always friendly. The food is good with a varied menu to choose from. There is outside seating in the summer but very limited 3/4 tables max.

• Visited February 2013
Libertow
“Great way to re-charge after a day at the Tower”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Having spent the best part of the day at the Tower, Zizzi's was a great place for us to relax, have some great food and recharge our batteries. Very pleasant decor, good service and a great menu to choose from. The starters, mains and desert all delivered and the service was good. Our first, but won't be our last visit to Zizzi.

• Visited December 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Disaster, won't go again”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Me and friend were visiting London for a weekend and our hotel was nearby I suggested this Zizzi as I had been several times before (but not this branch) and had enjoyed the food. When we walked in we were shown to a table quite quickly which was good start although it wasn't that full inside so to be expected. We had chosen what we wanted and waited too long for someone to take the order it was even ages before someone asked what drinks we wanted - we were about to go when our drinks arrived. My friend and I both love goats cheese so ordered that starter the ciabatta bread was burnt and there was hardly ANY topping I considered sending back as we basically paid for burnt bread bread and not a lot of it! but thought it was a hiccup and would improve...as I am a vegetarian I ordered the beetroot and ricotta salad but a steak salad was given to me I nearly vomited as the smell of it was disgusting I even told the staff member that it made me feel ill - It was a girl that took the order who didn't look particularly happy and didn't even smile barely a grunt (my friend and I had commented on this to each other) anyway the guy who brought the order did apologise and my correct order came however me and my friend wanted to eat all of our meal together not staggered. My salad was soo bland and I had the stench of steak up my nose so I couldn't enjoy it. Funny thing was that at the end the original girl who took the order seemed to stagger for a tip which we had already decided we wouldn't give as the trip was not worthy of it. Would have been happy to pay tip if was decent. My friend's pizza was okay but nothing special and we won't be going back. It was embarrassing as I had gone on about how nice it was too. Such a waste of money.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Foody577
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, tasty 'Pizza'Calzone'”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed a great meal at Zizzi Tower Hill. Staff were warm and friendly. The food was really tasty and you can see it being freshly prepared in the open plan kitchen. I had the pizza'calzone which was delicious. The quality of nduja sausage was a step up from what I had tasted elsewhere and the base was not to crispy which I prefer.We were going on a jack the ripper walk around the corner from the restaurant so there was a bit of worry about the time but service was quick and efficient.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Zizzi - Tower Hill? Share your experiences!