“It was ok, nothing special”
Review of Que Viet - CLOSED

Que Viet
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Dined here alone (sad I know) for lunch last Friday. Came here as I had a meeting in the Crowne Plaza @ Shoreditch and this is a 5 minute walk from there.

It was circa 2pm, the place was practically empty and there were only 2 other tables occupied. Fair enough, I had come at an odd time. The table I was seated at had a bottle of chilli sauce on it, but the lid was caked in gunk - not from the diners before me...but I'd say weeks worth of chilli sauce gunk build up!!!

I had the £11.95 set menu. Had vegetable spring rolls to start (for some reason, I did not trust the pork and crabmeat ones) along with chicken and rice noodles with a soup bowl of sauce that you pour over the top. Forgive my ignorance, but I am not an expert with Vietnamese cuisine. However, regardless of what it was, it was bland and quite frankly boring. I had asked them to spice it up too and even this was not evident.

Will not return in a hurry.

1  Thank ChrisGower1975
There are newer reviews for Que Viet

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friends suggested to me this nice restaurant. The food is good, tasty and fresh.
I recommend this restaurant. Viet Rolls are superb and also my chicken with churry.
Please book in advance is always busy. The service is slow but a little slow.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Nothing wrong with the food- just a bit bland and boring. Great service. Beautiful restaurant. Too expensive for what it is- I'd give it a 4/10

Reviewed November 15, 2012

One of the best restaurants I've been to in London. The beef was amazing, the eggplant tofu was also particularly good.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We ate here for dinner one Friday night whilst up in London for a party nearby. The arrived a little later than planned - at 845pm - but the waiters had kindly kept our reservation despite the place being packed out. There is a great choice of food on the menu - with many Vietnamese favourites - plus a number of more unusual dishes which we haven't tried [yet!]. Unfortunately as we were running late we didn't explore as much of the menu as we would have done otherwise - and probably ate a lot less as well! Despite this we had an absolutely delicious meal - highlights included; crispy, salted and peppered squid which was one of the crispest and tastiest we have ever tried, the mains of vermicelli with Grilled minced beef wrapped in betel leaves, plus vermicelli with spring rolls and pork were both some of the best we have tasted. All in all a great restaurant, with very friendly and efficient service despite being completely full. Will definitely come back - and try a lot more dishes next time!