“Hour and a half for 1 course...”
Review of Zizzi - Bankside

Zizzi - Bankside
Ranked #1,521 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Just a short walk from the famous Globe Theatre, our Bankside restaurant offers a nice rest for the weary London sightseers and stunning river views while you dine. The illustrations decorating the walls throughout the restaurant were inspired by the surrounding area - a hub of urban skateboard culture that involves spirit, music and fashion, illustrated by the artist Matthew Brooks. Look out for loads of other interesting details including skateboard decks, modern art and vespa scooters.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great food but very slow service. I took my mum here en route to the Globe theatre for her birthday. We thought an hour and a half before the show started would be plenty of time to eat and leave but we were wrong!

Once seated it took a while for our order to be taken (the restaurant wasn't that busy at this point). We only ordered a main at this point. After we'd finished we realised we had half an hour left so thought we would order puddings. After sitting in front of empty plates for some time we decided to be proactive and ask for the dessert menu. Menu came but noone came to take our order. We then asked for the bill, which came but then nobody came to take payment. After many failed attempts to catch someones eye I decided to go up to someone at the bar to pay. We just managed to make it to our seats in time. The Globe benefited by getting our money in the interval

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went after visiting The Globe Theatre, excellent freshly cooked food ,and faultless service.
Would visit again

1  Thank wood57
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Me and my friends were out in Southbank and choose Zizzi's for dinner. I eat in zizzi's quite a bit anyway, and my meal was probably one of the best I've had there! The service was what really made the experience for us though! The staff were really nice and were always making sure we had everything we needed! Will defiantly make me choose this restaurant over it's nearby competitors when I'm in the area again!

1  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had lunch here with a few friends and whilst the pizza we had was delicious, the service on the day was terrible.
The waiters could not speak English properly since none of them were in fact English and taking our order was quite a feat. On the other hand the food was excellent. We all had the rustica pizza, myself opting for the Sofia which had chicken, peperoni, spicy sausage and chilli. The dough was bread like (just how I like it) and there was just the right amount of heat. Hopefully the staff will be better trained next time round.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a great place and great food! We were a big group of 30 people and we all got our food in time and service was excellent! All the compliments to the chefs and waiters, food was sooo good and tasty. Pizza was huge with fresh ingredients and my pasta with prawns was also great.
We also had some very nice pistachio ice cream.
Interior is also very contemporary and you can see chefs working hard on your food. So from all 30 of us if you never been to this place you must go there now and you will have an unforgettable dining experience.