“The best Sushi I have had outside Japan .”
Review of Yashin Sushi

Yashin Sushi
Ranked #1,477 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yashin Sushi is a modern Japanese restaurant centered on "Without Soy Sauce". Of course we can offer the diner as much soy sauce as he or she desires, but our philosophy is that the taste of the fish should be emphasised, not the taste of soy sauce. That is why we brush each piece of individual piece of fish with the right amount of soy sauce and add an accompaniment that will enhance and complement the flavour of the fish without taking it away. As well as our omakase sushi, we also serve a range of authentic and exclusive dishes, such as prize-winning premium Hida Wagyu and chargrilled eel freshly prepared on site.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Yashin is expensive , but worth every penny , the quality of the carpaccio (we had Tuna , the beef and pork) was exceptional , but were still pale in comparison to the Sushi , we all tried the Omakase Eight which was all delicious . The skills of the chefs is brilliant to watch and I would reccomend a seat at the bar so you can watch them work .
Also the Miso soup is supurb .

1  Thank Lee K

Reviewed September 30, 2012

the restaurant itself is quite small. The upper floor has a cramp sushi bar and the lower floor consists of a series of tables for two. We were greeted quite rudely by a woman who did not pay attention to my name and had mistaken me for someone else. She then sat us at the foot of the only staircase connecting the top and lower floor. We were one of the first customers and we had five other places to choose, but that rude woman did not allow us claiming that all the other tables were reserved and were requested specifically. Over the course of the evening, the couple seated next to us mentioned that they were seated at the bar and had asked to move to a table. Another couple was brought down and had been given a choice of tables.

Now for the food. The fish was fresh, so that part (the easy part) was taken care of. This restaurant claims to avoid using soy sauce in order to enhance the fish. Some of their sauce tasted suspiciously like soy sauce while others were actually overpowering for the fish. The rice was over handled and thus clumpy and heavy in some of the sushi slices. The rolls (one was a shrimp tempura roll and one was a beef roll (recommended by the waitress) were tasteless. For a supposed high quality sushi restaurant that wants to go against the grain and use difference sauces, I as a sushi fanatic am expecting something unique and mind blowing not bland and having sauces similar to soy sauce- especially at their prices.

Overall, mediocre sushi as compared to the high end sushi restaurant I am used to on the west coat of North America or New York City.

Save your money. Find somewhere else.

4  Thank Fred H
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The dedication and persistence at Yashin are incredible. The angle at which the itamae blow-torch the sushi differs for every kind of fish, and so does the slicing pattern and the depth of each score. And all these efforts were so evident, I could taste it. I could taste the perfect intricate balance, and how one tiny piece of accompaniment on the fish played a huge part in the balance.

I've had sushi, plenty of it. Just nothing like this. Yashin takes sushi to a whole new level.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The food was outstanding.
The reception and service was warm and graceful and willing to explain everything. Sushi was really incredible!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

A hidden gem off High St Kensington. Be sure to sit at the sushi counter on street level. Avoid sitting downstairs. Nice simple decor, extremely professional staff and high quality modern style sushi. The chef combines all flavours for you in each piece of sushi hence their motto of 'no soy sauce needed'. Most are great, but some a little too 'fusion' for my liking. Head chef ex-Nobu apparently. It's definitely more sushi focused than Nobu or Zuma and I'd rank it slightly ahead of them in terms of quality but perhaps behind Umu in overall refinement and authenticity. Yes it's quite expensive, but good Japanese in London is never cheap. I will have no hesitation to come back whenever I have a sushi craving.