“fantastic local curry house”
Review of Crystal Palace Tandoori - CLOSED

Crystal Palace Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The CPT used to be my local curry house and it's honestly one of the things I miss most about London. Its simpy a fabulous local curry house - nothing particularly flashy or fancy, it's not world-beating stuff, just delicious, fresh curries at excellent prices. It's one of the few places I've been where you can confidently order pretty much anything on the menu and know that what comes is going to be good. Can't speak highly enough of it and my general impression is that it's not nearly as well known as it should be in the local area. If you like curry, you can't go wrong with the CPT. Personal favourites include the Dansahk, Mudurai, Spicy Butternut Sqaush, Bangladeshi Tarka Dahl...I could go on and on

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently moved to Crystal Palace and found this gem of a place. Excellent curry and service. Plan to go back lots more!

1  Thank Holdot J
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Being a curry enthusiast and having eaten in possibly hundreds of restaurants in the country, I didnt think I would find a better curry house that I had established as my fave, until I came here. Let's start.

The restaurant is very cosy as soon as you walk in, lots of deep red and cream colours, all done in a very contemporary style. The ambience is spot on in my opinion. Most of the tables are for four persons which can be placed together to make parties of 6,8,10 etc. I had my birthday dinner here in March and the staff even put up happy birthday ribbons without prompting, very nice.

Obviously a lovely restaurant is nothing if the foods not great. Well, this is not a problem here, the food is FANASTIC. They produce the best most flavoursome curries here I think you'll taste. The menu consists of the usual, Indian classics like Bhuna, Rogan, Korma, Dopiaza etc but also has an extensive range of chef specialities. My personal fave is Lamb Jal Maal. It's so tasty you just have to try it. The chefs are more than willing to make curries to taste, more or less hot, or more garlic if you like garlic etc Just ask, the waiters are more than willing to please.

The condiment tray is great too, much nicer than many Indian restaurants, a slight greater variety of dips for your poppadoms and all served on lovely serving platters. For me, it's these small touches that make the difference and what sets apart the good from the great.

The fish Tilapia starter is delicious and I have just discovered the Indian paneer cheese starter, which, incidentally is not on the menu but the waiter was more than happy to prepare some for me.

The side dishes are just as tasty, the aloo gobi, mushroom bhaji and sag aloo are personal faves of mine, ooh I'm getting hungry as I type lol.

The restaurant is good value for money too, nothing out of the ordinary here, similar prices to other restaurants in the area.

I hope you all try this restaurant at least once, I think after that, it will become one of your favourites as it has with me!,

Bon apetit

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ate there the other night and we were all extremely pleased with it (especially me!) The service was the best I've had in a while, extremely friendly and polite, and great with my little brother, who is 6. My mum is veggie and at first was a bit disappointed with the lack of options, although we found out later you can choose anything from the menu and they make it vegetarian for you, with your choice of vegetables. I couldn't decide what to have as wanted something different from the usual and asked for his recommendation; he asked me what I like in a curry and then came back with one (in it's own frying pan thing) made fresh especially for me. I couldn't have asked for anything better, the lamb was the best I've ever had in a curry house (all organic as well, which they should advertise more clearly!). Overall the best curry experience I've had that I can recall, and I like my curries! Definitely going back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

The Crystal Palace Tandoori has converted a curryphobe into a curryphile. Service , food quality and attention to detail are terrific. The staft actually listen to what you say and will adapt food according to your preferences. They arealso are very fareful about fat, using olive oil sparingly, so no fatty glaze on the food. An unequivocal recommendation for an exceptional restaurant.