“Really great experience”

Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
London, United Kingdom
“Really great experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I decided to book a table at Nizuni to celebrate a special occasion with my girlfriend. When we arrived, the reception was very friendly and welcoming, more so than any other London restaurant I have been to.

The menu has a great deal of authentic Japanese food, and we were spoilt for choice when deciding what to order.

The food itself was really great, we ordered mixed tempura for starter, and shared a 19 assorted sushi set, a katsu-don and some soft-shell crab california rolls for the main course. While the food may be a little expensive for a casual dinner, you get amazing quality and quantity for your money. In our case, we couldn't quite finish all of the food we ordered, so next time we could easily order a little less to make it more affordable.

In total our meal for two came to around £80 with sake, green tea and service charge, which in my opinion, was a very good price for the great food that was served.

Another nice touch was the waiter refilling our tea throughout the meal without us needing to ask, even on a busy Friday night!

Overall, I can recommend this place to anyone and I will likely return in the future.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Our Favourite Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went with my husband for a casual, romantic dinner. My husband loves his sushi, and we have visited a lot of restaurants offering Sushi (including Michelin Star ones), and he feels the quality of his sushi here was by far the best. I had lamb & chicken dishes, and they were brilliantly made, and beautifully presented as well. It's one of our favourite restaurants - would definitely recommend, and would surely go back...

• Visited October 2012
London
“Tori Tori!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Really good food and service. Portions of the right size. It was a good experience and planning to go again to try more dishes. I really loved the Tori Tori and the seafood udon. Enjoy

• Visited July 2013
Woking, United Kingdom
“Was ok, not great, but ok”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The meal here wasn't bad but there were a few niggling issues.

First if all the food was good. We went for a starter and a selection of sushi, shashimi and maki which arrived within minutes of it being ordered along with our drinks. The food was generally well prepared and fresh.

On the negative side the tables were too close together, there was no interest in talking us through the menu and it was all over very quickly.

The one thing that I feel was a little unpleasant was the fact that I was charged for a dessert I didn't even ask for. I told them it was my wife's birthday when booking and (as you'd expect) a small cup cake turned up when I asked for the bill. I've never been charged for this sort of thing before. Of course I wouldn't mind paying for this but it just seemed a little cheeky...especially when 12.5% is automatically added to your bill as service.

Not a bad meal but I won't be returning.

• Visited July 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love Charlotte street as a location and you really are spoiled for choice. Glad we plumped for Japanese as this place didn't disappoint. Friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere and the food was delicious. Lacking a 'wow factor for sure, but otherwise very hard to fault.

• Visited June 2013