“Tea indeed”

Ranked #1,042 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Housed in an exclusive Knightsbridge setting at Harrods, The Georgian Restaurant offers traditional English and modern European cuisine. In a flawless setting, guests can enjoy swanky cocktails, or exquisite afternoon tea.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked this 6 weeks early online,as we felt it necessary(very popular)The Georgian room is lovely and relaxing,and the tea was great.We enjoyed 3 varieties as one was not to our liking and was replaced with something less flowery.Now the best part,The trays arrived as we looked on with delight.Large scones ,2 types arrived along with great finger sandwiches,and the most lovely little pastries and chocolate items.Refills were likely but sadly we had no room for another bite.Service was brisk and refined,you never feel rushed.We recommend it highly.We liked it over the Lanesborough tea service.

1  Thank mike e
Debbie_Ratcliffe, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed afternoon tea at our Georgian Restaurant. Harrods looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Spend a week in London (May 2013) and decided to do a traditional High Tea at Harrods "The Georgian Restaurant" for $28 pounds. Reservation are recommended, unless you get there really early. Tea was great and so were the sanwiches, scones and deserts until my sister found a lobster shell inside a bun! We brushed it off and commented "at least we knew it was real crabmeat". Then I found a large piece of plastic (that is what we guessed it was) in my delicious egg salad sandwich!! I did mention this to one of the head waiter and he apologied then offered us champagne, which we declined. As we were about to pay, they said there would be no charge for either of us.
All in all, we did enjoy the experience, atmosphere, and great food despite our unfortunate incident.

Debbie_Ratcliffe, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I was so sorry to read that you were unhappy with your visit to the Georgian Restaurant at Harrods. Please accept my apologies.

I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to address this issue. You can contact us by email at customer.services@harrods.com or by telephone 020 3626 7111. Please quote the following reference when replying CS417803.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We visited the Georgian Restaurant for an afternoon tea on a Sunday. We had booked for 4p.m and arrived rather early and due to the popularity could not be seated immediately. This was no problem as we went and looked around part of the store. On arrival at the correct time we were shown to a lovely table quite close to the grand piano so had a wonderful accompaniment to our tea. The pianist was very talented and played a wide variety of music, not overpowering in sound either. Our waiter offered champagne as an extra but we declined. We were given a menu which outlined the food and a selection of teas. We each chose a different tea and I was delighted when tea and food arrived close together in time. Too often the tea arrives too long beofre the food and is either drunk or cold. The teapots were a very generous size and the waiter poured the first cup for you. The food arrived on a 3 tier stand and the waiter described each item. The elderflower jelly, strawberry jam and clotted cream came on a separate tray. We had a lobster and crayfish split bun and four finger sandwiches, all delicious and well filled. There was a fruit and a plain scone, large in size and light in texture and for each person there were five small cakes; a tiny lemon meringue, a raspberry macaroon, a hazelnut parfait slice, a square of light fruit cake with topping and a mille feuille. My daughter has a nut allergy which she had informed them on uopon booking and she was given a separte plate of her own for the cakes which consisted of a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a mille feuille, a mango and passionfruit custard in a shot glass with a honeycomb crunch topping, a strawberry and yoghurt layered delight in a glass and the mini lemon meringue, all of which she declred were delicious. The waiter returned to top up the generous teapot and any food you wished to take away with you was kindly boxed up.
The service throughout was excellent and a large group of 25 elderly people arrived for champagne tea and scones and appeared to be seated and sorted out very smoothly accomadating wheelchairs and oxygen cylinders with no fuss.
I would recommend you try this experience for a special treat but remeber to book. We had hoped to go on the Saturday but despite booking a month in advance had to wait till the Sunday.
One thing to note a discretionary service charge is added to the bill. We had a gift card given for this treat which only covered the tea so if giving as a gift warn the recipient so they are prepared to refuse or accept the extra charge which was £3.50 per person.

Thank you for your amazing feedback about your visit to the Georgian, i was pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience of our afternoon tea.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had an ok time here recently eating the buffet. The setting, staff and atmosphere is very good, the thing that let us down was the taste/quality of the roast meats for the main course. While they were very tender and cooked well, they were devoid of any nice beefy, lamby or turkey meat flavour.

I am guessing they are not the best quality and most well hung meats, but very average, not far from supermarket quality.

I am sure harrods could afford to buy better quality and stronger tasting meat, this would then complete the whole dining experience and elevate it to 5 star performance.

Go and enjoy the ambiance, atmosphere and setting, but not for the meat.

2  Thank Alox B

I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to address this issue. You can contact us by email at customer.services@harrods.com or by telephone 020 3626 7111. Please quote the following reference when replying CS417798.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A friend and i went to harrods for afternoon tea on monday 6th may and i must say it was a very enjoyable time i booked it as a birthday gift for my friend as she had never been to Harrods and she said she had a really great time. The staff are great friendly and very smart too. The food was also very nice well worth the money. We hope to go back again very soon it just leaves me to say it was an outstanding afternoon tea. A good job well done.

Debbie_Ratcliffe, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea at the Georgian restaurant.

Thank you for bringing your friend to Harrods and sharing the special occasion with us. I am really pleased that she enjoyed the experience.

We hope you both visit again soon.