“Lunch”

Ranked #1,007 of 22,822 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Housed in an exclusive Knightsbridge setting at Harrods, The Georgian Restaurant offers traditional English and modern European cuisine. In a flawless setting, guests can enjoy swanky cocktails, or exquisite afternoon tea.
Maidstone
“Lunch”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are pleased to confirm that we have fully recovered from a massive heart attack. Lunched at Harrods Georgian restaurant and parked the car in the NCP multistorey adjacent. Returned from our lunch/shopping about four hours later, placed our credit card in the machine as we were exiting the car park and asked to pay £48. Ouch!
But back to the restaurant. Lunched here several times now and food is absolutely brilliant but as one would expect with Harrods the service is the best you will find anywhere.

• Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
“Best Afternoon Tea in London! Harrod's has it all!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Phenomenal experience, exceptional selection of tea, best service in London, beautiful atmosphere, and incredible shopping. Fit for a King!!!

• Visited September 2012
Debbie_Ratcliffe, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to Harrods. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Valletta, Malta
“Typically tea”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Having tea is a quintessential part of the Visiting London package so we decided to go for the Harrods experience.
I had booked about two months in advance and requested a window seating. We were given a window seating but in the main dinning area inside, next time I'll be more specific. The main dinning area is rather exquisite which crystal chandeliers and exuberant decorations which give a very chic look to the lounge.
The food and service were spot on and we were treated with much care. Our server also offered us to take any photos whilst we were enjoying our scones with clotted cream. The food selection is rather good and once we had indulged in our sandwich section we were also offered if we wanted to get a refill. We gladly accepted and we were not even charged for our second helping.
The tea selection is mostly based on the Harrods selection though it is quite delectable to the palate.
The only thing which I expected to be a little bit more Harrods style but let me down where the crockery which seemed very tired by the over usage, though I can only imagine the hundreds which hoard this place every day.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited the Gerogian Restaurant for their afternoon tea December 2012 . Apologies for taking so long for making the review .
Anyway - I had booked it way in advance as my mum was flying down from Scotland for this and we were also meeting my sister there . We were making a day of it as we had been to the museum then we going on after the tea to a carol concert .
Anyway, the food at the afternoon tea was really superb - we loved the little crab sandwiches and the pink champagne was amazing so we ordered a bottle . The service was good too .
I have only given it a 3 star though because i felt the overall ambience was very dingy .
The carpet around our table and the chairs were quite stained . Also there was no live music just the baby grand with the keys that move .. We also had to wait for ages at the reception desk for someone to take us to our table . Also, and I know there is no dress code for these things and so sorry for sounding snobby but we were making a day of it and so got a bit dressed up - mum in her pearls etc for tea at Harrods ! but everyone else was in jeans with kids in pushchairs and loads of shopping bags everywhere etc .
Overall it was very 'department store cafe' ish . sorry Harrods.
When we had tea at the Savoy its all sparkling white table cloths and live music and flowers and ferns and generally feels special . Whereas this just didnt feel as special as I had anticipated it in my mind . I think afternoon tea should be a really special fussy thing because lets face it you dont do it everyweek do you ?
We still had a nice time and i didnt want to make a drama so didnt mention it to anyone and im sure the place has been given a make over by now .
thankyou

• Visited December 2012
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“What a turnaround!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I wrote a negative review about this restaurant in Sepember 2012, concerning the overall experience and poor disability equality, but following this I was contacted by the manager and we were offered to visit again and this latest visit was absolutely superb. There was no comparison with our first visit, so I can only assume it was a bady day. This time we were treated like stars and from what I could see so were the other diners. The food was delicious and what a wonderful choice. I was allocated a waiter Daniel to carry my plate for me, as I'm a wheelchair user and Jose the head waiter made sure we had everything we wanted and more besides. We had some very tasty oak smoked salmon brought to and sliced at our table which tasted beautiful. We will definitely be back again to visit in September for my next birthday. Just goes to show how useful Trip Advisor can be when establishments look at its feedback and then take action to turn the negatives into a positive. Well done everyone at the Georgian at Harrods and thank you!

• Visited February 2013