“Harrods - Georgian Restaurant Buffet Lunch was wonderful”

The Georgian Restaurant
Ranked #1,080 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Housed in an exclusive Knightsbridge setting at Harrods, The Georgian Restaurant offers traditional English and modern European cuisine. In a flawless setting, guests can enjoy swanky cocktails, or exquisite afternoon tea.
Surrey
“Harrods - Georgian Restaurant Buffet Lunch was wonderful”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked our meal through buy a gift.com. The setting was beautiful, service was outstanding. We had three courses with tea/coffee which was a surprise as we just thought it was a one off roast dinner so to get three courses was great. The ambience of the restaurant was just perfect and the acoustics in this magnificent room were just right so even though it was very busy it was not noisy in any way. There was a self playing piano which provided gently background music and provided for a most enjoyable relaxing atmosphere. Would recommend this to anyone visiting London, a very special treat indeed.

2 Thank macasam

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Had afternoon tea there with 2 other friends, very disappointed for many reasons:
Food was so so, sandwiches were so dry, scones were hard...jam/spread was way too sweet with absolutely no fruit aroma.
Waiters were very rude, they had a private event that day, they kept coming to suggest us to pay even though we only half finished what we ate. My friend went to bathroom, he even waited awkwardly at the table for my friend to come back to pay the bills. Also when we left, we asked the directions to return to the gift shop, waiter rolled his eyes n swore there was no such thing called gift shop ( even though we were there shopping before the tea)!
Dirty! Where i sat had leftover on the carpet from prevous customers, i didnt even feel comfortable putting my shoppingbag on the floor.. when i pointed out to them, they didnt offer to move us to another table (despite many tables unoccupied). I had to ask them to give me a spare chair to place my stuff.

To be fair, the tea was great. However, their poor quality of food, environment, and customer service was truly disappointing. I would never go back again.

1 Thank Nattden
Dagenham, United Kingdom
“Pure luxury”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Champaign afternoon tea in the most equisit location, feel like a queen for a day. As a special treat this is the best! I felt totally spoilt by this wonderful gift from my daughter. On arrival we were shown to our crisp clean table under the art deco glass ceiling which is stunning on its own. We were offered champaign, and a choice of tea blends. As a fish allergy sufferer, I was catered for completely with a variety of finger sandwiches containing cream cheeses, truffles, apple, coronation chicken - all utterly delicious and a beautiful teared cake stand full of scones (with strawberry jam, rose jelly, and cream) macaroons, fruit cake, lemon merangues, hazelnut chocolate cake, madelaines, and more. When our teas arrive they were served by our impecibly dressed waiter Sebastion, who was attentive throughout our visit. We were treated to a wonderfull piano player who surprised us with his interpretations of Cold Play, Disney and movie tunes. It was a wonderful atmosphere and I would fully recommend it. An ideal gift.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“A Relaxing Lunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I came here for the first time with 5 friends. I was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews. I needn't have worried. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were treated to excellent service. The waiters were attentive without being obtrusive. Glasses were quickly filled, plates cleared and finger bowls appeared efficiently. We all opted for the buffet and this let us dictate the pace. We did not feel rushed and spent over 3 1/2 hours there. The tables are nicely spaced out and the atmosphere is very relaxing with a pianist playing for most of the time.

The buffet itself offers a great choice of starters especially if you enjoy fish. There are plenty of salads, cheese and cooked meats too. The carvery was very good and you could have as much meat as you liked and the beef was served rare, medium or well-done to suit all tastes. Plenty of veg and lovely roast potatoes. Although we were fairly full we had to try the desserts. Again plenty of choice with a couple of hot desserts and lots of little patisserie cakes. The meal was finished off with coffee of choice though we weren't served the madelines. Probably couldn't have eaten them!

All in all a lovely afternoon. I certainly intend to return.

1 Thank sally223
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

They were reluctant to accept our voucher at the weekend when we tried to book but funnily enough we managed to get in when we just turned up and told them about the voucher after they said they did have a table! We paid the same price for the voucher but I guess they must have to pay a commission or something. Apart from that; wonderful! Service, food, staff all yummy!
As it was Christmas we also had a lovely glass of hot mulled wine which was £4 a glass and so worth it :)

Visited December 2012