“Delicious Sunday Breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast with my brother after walking in Hamstead Heath in March 2014. We both had the Eggs Royale and found them delicious and cooked to perfection. The cafe itself had a bustling atmosphere and the staff were attentive.

Would definitely recommend for a lazy weekend breakfast.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This restaurant is amazing!!! The first couple times we came here was for coffee and pastries. Which are sooo good. The home-made croissants are crave-worthy! So we thought we would try the dinner menu since their other stuff was good. Wow! Our meals were fantastic. We had the white-bait starter (I'd never had before) and dipped in the tartar was soo good. My main was the vegetarian goat cheese and roasted veggie sandwich. It had good portions and plenty of the goat cheese. I ate up every crumb. My husband had the chorizo and beef stew, I kept dipping into his bowl for tastes. Finally for desert we had the Eton Mess and home-made ice cream. If you go there only for the Eton Mess it is worth it. It has a splash of wine to cut the sweetness and tart fresh fruit balanced the whole dish. We heard their brunch menu is out of this world so we will definitely come again.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I love to eat here and take our friends. Pleasant atmosphere and great food in a lovely part of the city. Belsize make their stuff from scratch, including their own , baked goods, specialist breads and ice cream. Food tastes so much better that way. Best croissants we have tasted. Hope to get back their for a breakfast soon.

1  Thank Antony P
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

What a little gem the Belsize kitchen is!
Nice relaxed atmosphere, cracking food, good service all at very good value for money!
The Eton mess is to die for!
Although there is a good selection of restaurants in the same street, I personally feel this place is my favourite.

1  Thank darrenah
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Loved it the first time we came for dinner. Thought it pretty good the second time, was not happy the last time. The whitebait starter was good but the tartare/mayonnaise so so. The spiced aubergine main course was inedible and sent back, the crab on toast was so overwhelmed by spices, you could not taste the crab and the bread on which it rested was much too coarse and chunky. Service was good and they were concerned at our criticisms and tried to make amends. Sadly, won't go back in a hurry.

2  Thank woodwander