“HUGE tasty meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tandis

Tandis
Reserve with OpenTable
Tandis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,310 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
London, United Kingdom
“HUGE tasty meals”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Delicious mezze and great grilled meats. Make sure you go with an empty stomach, the meals are huge!

Visited August 2012

London, England, United Kingdom
“Singing of Persian nights”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Being Friday the restaurant was pretty full which is great except that the place is a bit cramped and this was made more apparent when one of the frequenters decided to get up and sing, with people craning their nexts to locate the sound. Imprompu performances can be fun but not particularly this one. However this did not put us off our food which was good and plentiful. The stews looked authentic and was much appreciated apparently as was the kebab I had - enough for two really. And the mixture of first courses was interesting.

The service was prompt, friendly and helpful.

I would go there again and choose perhaps more starters and one kebab between two would be ample - the accompanying salad was definitely enough for two as well. But I wish they would take out one or two tables to give those who go a bit more room and light.

• Visited June 2012
Potters Bar, Herts
“Very limited for vegetarians - lacking in flavour or spice”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Visited with friends - very busy on a saturday night. Very limited options on menu for vegetarians. Had hummous to start - big portion but bland, also had to order bread separately. Main course was not pleaseant - cannot remember what it was called but it was a potatoe & kidneybean stew. There was maybe 4 tiny pieces of potato and approx. 10 kidney beans in a dark green, almost black sauce which lacked flavour. The other vegetarian in the party had a tomato based stew which lacked flavour. It was cheap but I would rather pay more and have a more substantial / better spiced meal. First time I have eaten at a Persian restaurant and maybe this is just the persian cuisine - if so it is not somewhere I would go to again. The meat eaters were not overly impressed with thier main courses either.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank gaz8867
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Iranian restaurants are quite rare in the UK so, as I was visiting Camden I decided to take a walk up Haverstock Hill and try Tandis for lunch. It was a Saturday and Camden was heaving but just a quarter of a mile north and it was very quiet. On my arrival, unbooked, there was only one other group in the restaurant, who I took to be Iranian and later a couple arrived , the girl appeared Iranian too - always makes you feel that the food is likely to be authentic. I was solo and there was a friendly welcome when I said I'd like a table for one. I had a nice glass of house white wine whilst I looked at the menu and I selected a soup, Aashe Reshteh to be followed by Khoresh Bademjaan. The soup was rich and flavoursome consisting of pulses, noodles and herbs - quite a bright green colour and very satisfying. The Khoresh Bademjaan was a lamb and aubergine stew served with excellent rice. In typical Iranian style the stew contained fruit, in this case sour grape, which gives a nice sharp tang to the sauce. I had a Shiraz wine with the main course (not from Shiraz unfortunately, where this variety of grape originated) - again very pleasant. I finished off with a tall glass of Persian Tea- a black tea which reminded me of Cardamom.
The service was friendly and each course took long enough for me to feel that there was individual preparation. The restaurant is quite simple and if I were to recommend improvement it would be to suggest the inclusion of some Iranian artefacts and decor.
I was quite surprised at the reasonable size of the bill and would thoroughly recommend this quality and unpretentious restaurant.

• Visited January 2012
Cwmbach, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, attentive service and a reasonable price for London!”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Booked a table via toptable for an early dinner at 6:30pm. We were the only diners at that time, but the place began to fill up from about 7pm.

We had 4 starters, 4 mains, a bottle of wine, a bottle of beer and a vodka and cranberry juice for £85 including service. The food was excellent and plentiful and the service was very attentive (possibly too attentive at times, but we were the only people in there at that point!).

The atmosphere was pleasant and the interior decor was tasteful.

All in all a great experience - would recommend!

• Visited November 2011