“The food is delicious ”

Thalassa Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3,251 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“The food is delicious ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to Thalassa in November 2012 for a hen night! As a fellow Greek my expectations are high, and I wasn't disappointed! The fish is so fresh and so was the rest of the food! The price is good and we left there feeling full and happy! The entertainer isn't great but hey ho! We are going again this November for a 40th birthday! I hope i will like it as much as I did last time! I'll keep you posted!

London, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Great choice and value for Sunday lunch. I really enjoyed the prawns for starters and the Cod and chips for mains. Well cooked and good service. I will be back.

Visited October 2013
United Kingdom
“Great service, food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Visited Thalassa today for the first time, following a recommendation from a family member. Called to book a table yesterday and the member of staff was extremely helpful. We were a party of three and all ordered different starters (salmon, mussels/clams and scallops) and could not fault the starters - what an excellent start to the meal. For mains we ordered monkfish, cod and sea bass and again found every dish cooked to perfection and full of flavour. The dishes were accompanied with home cut chips, roast potatoes and mashed potatoes all of which were faultless. The dessert 'menu' was presented to us as examples of the desserts brought to the table (very tempting and difficult to refuse). We ordered profiteroles, 2 flavoured ice-cream and lemon cheesecake and again each plate was left clean. The wines, red and white, were most enjoyable. We were served by 4 different members of staff and all were pleasant, attentive and very friendly. We left the restaurant feeling pleasantly full and promising that we would return again very soon. Would definitely recommend Thalassa - This is one restaurant definitely not to be missed. Well done to all the team!

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food with one reservation...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I walk past Thalassa every day of the working week (and back) on my way to and from work but this was the first time I've been in a for a meal. With a couple of reservations I'd say it was a very good experience indeed. Service was good, no quibbles here, food was excellent, I has a surf and turf of lobster and steak which was a quality feast despite the cost. The lobster was perfectly cooked with herbs and spices that perfectly enhanced rather than masked the flavour. The steak was spot on rare. Desserts were rich and sumptuous and accompanied by the best tasting decaf coffee I have ever come across.
The two quibbles? Decor beginning to show signs of age (and use) - maybe a close season spruce up? Atmosphere on this particular Friday was a tad dull in comparison with Southgates other eateries but minor moans apart I found Thalassa an overall feel good experience and please do splash on the lobster - its worth every penny...

• Visited September 2013
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Surpise Birthday Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

A surprise Birthday meal for my husband.Could have done with a larger table, but there was 14 of us, not there fault. Had a wonderful meal the food was excellent, service was good. Anna head waitress was so helpful. Thank you. Will definately go again even if drinks bill did mount up a bit. Cannot fault the seafood chef.

• Visited September 2013