“Pre-Theatre meal”

Prezzo - Haymarket
Ranked #4,779 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: St. James's
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Pre-Theatre meal”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked a pre-theatre meal here due to it being located opposite Her Majesty's theatre and cannot fault the service nor the food. We both had Bruschetta for starter followed by spaghetti and meatball main and was more than happy with the quality and the quantity of food. Would be more than happy to eat here again.

Service was very good, whether it is usually good during busier periods (6pm on a Tuesday) i don't know but it ticked all the boxes for me as I was a little concerned having read a few previous reviews

Epsom, United Kingdom
“Chicken and asparagus risotto without chicken???”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a pre theatre bit of dinner as it is literally opposite the phantom of the opera! Having booked a table a month ago on the internet and having a confirmation email my wife and I turned up and they could find no record of booking but said they could fit us in... I would hope so too seeing as I booked.
Meal started well, I've been to other prezzos several times and the food is decent Italian. The starter came out quickly and was nice, I ordered a chicken and asparagus risotto with mushrooms so was a bit surprised when a watery plate of undercooked risotto with a couple of asparagus stalks and mushrooms turned up but no sign of any chicken!! The waitress took the dish straight back and was apologetic, to be fair it wasn't her fault. When she returned five minutes later there was chicken however when I bit into it was cold and had obviously just been chopped up and put in a pan to heat through. If I hadn't had to get to the theatre I would of asked for the meal for free.
Shame really as the decor and location of the place is great and in general the food is decent!

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Typically good Prezzo experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ate at this Prezzo location last night, and we had a really good meal. We arrived and were seated promptly, close to the open kitchen. This restaurant is very attractive and stylish.

Service was friendly and the drinks order was taken promptly. Missed out on a starter and just went straight for the mains. I had a calzone which tasted fresh and was full of tasty filling, top marks here. My wife had a Penne Arrabiata light option which is made up of a smaller pasta portion along with a salad, which she enjoyed, with each flavour captured well. My daughter enjoyed her pasta with garlic bread. Kids under 5 can eat from a menu including garlic bread, a main, and a drink of squash for £3.50, much better than Pizza Express for example. We used a voucher code from a website enabling us to have 2 mains for £13.50, so the 2 mains, kids meal, 2 glasses of wine and a beer came to £34, a real bargain.

London, United Kingdom
“Old food warmed up in the microwave”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Tried this today, menu looks very good. We ordered lobster and crab tortellini and the crab cakes. Food came in about 5 minutes and when it arrived it was obvious the tortelli had just been chucked in the microwave while the crab cakes were old and had been quickly warmed up. We could barely eat two mouthfuls. Staff were pleasant but weren't bothered that we hardly touched our food. Place was clean and well presented but food was so bad I won't be trying prezzo again ever.

1 Thank LondonXYZ1973
Southport, England
“Disappointing start to a great night out”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

After having a lovely meal at Strada St Paul's the previous night, we were disappointed at Prezzo Haymarket. Warm champagne, waited AGES for one of the kids desserts and we were refused to use a voucher that was actually valid. With so many choices available in the area we won't be returning.

• Visited August 2013