“OK Place to eat if everywhere else is full.”
Review of Prezzo - Haymarket

Prezzo - Haymarket
Ranked #5,550 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: St. James's
Reston, Virginia
“OK Place to eat if everywhere else is full.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family of 5 found ourselves at Prezzo after wandering around the West End on a Saturday evening trying to find somewhere half decent to eat. Everywhere was full with long waits so we ended up at Prezzo Haymarket.

The initial experience was poor. They asked us to wait by the bar for a few minutes whilst our table was prepared and suggested we go ahead and order drinks. Not a problem. Just as we were about to order drinks, we were told that our table was drinks so we may as well order drinks from there. Great! However, after waiting for 10 minutes for a waiter to see us we finally got to order some drinks. After another 15 minutes of waiting, for 5 of which we could see our drinks order sat on the side of the bar, we decided to take action into our hands and go and get them ourselves at which point the waiter miraculously appeared.

From then on the experience got better. We all enjoyed our food - my 3 boys love pasta and they all gave it the thumbs up.

I wouldn't say this restaurant serves food out of the ordinary - just average fare but pretty good. The prices seemed pretty good for the west End though so won't break the bank.

An OK place to eat if you are in the West End and passing by when wanting to eat but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

• Visited July 2013

surrey
“Nice friendly staff good food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited recently and very good service.
Food excellent and served hot.
Had salmon pasta and it was really nice, tasty etc.
Will continue to use this restaurant in other areas.
Look out for offer codes these can reduce your bill a lot

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Not a great advert for Prezzo”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Looked nice from outside.
Despite being told aircon working, it wasn't and very humid upstairs.
Food seemed overcooked - pasta, burger and also sauces tasteless.
Seemed smaller portions than usual too.
Service ok, toilets downstairs poor for a Prezzo.
Won't be going back

Birmingham
“Poor Start to an otherwise great evening!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

As mentioned by another reviewer our visit to Prezzo was a precursor to a Red Letter Day Dinner & Theatre Experience and was followed by a first rate performance of The 39 Steps at the Criterion Theatre. This was our first experience of a Prezzo Restaurant. We were quite happy to be seated downstairs away from the general hub-hub and a 6:00pm booking for a 8;00pm show meant that we had ample time.
As mentioned elsewhere, the Pre-Theatre Menu was very uninspiring and my wife and I both chose the Bruschetta to start. We have often had Bruschetta at Strada, Chez Gerrard etc and I can confidently say that this was the most disappointing, sparsely coated and tasteless one we have ever experienced.
I chose the Pasta main and was offered additional mozzarella for an extra charge - unfortunately this was omitted (but at least I was not charged for it)! My wife selected the Chicken Caesar Salad which was dry and had virtually no dressing on it.
Readers of my other reviews will observe that I am not just a 'grumpy old man' and am happy to lavish praise where it is deserved!
Would I recommend Prezzo - no, I would not, nor would I visit again from choice. This experience confirmed our preference for Ask, Strada, Cafe Rouge or Chez Gerrard etc.
Sorry Prezzo but that's my view - no doubt others may differ.

Spalding, United Kingdom
“Pre Theatre meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had been given a red letter experience of a theatre show and pre theatre meal as one of the retirement gifts from my work colleagues
We booked the Prezzo pre theatre meal in the haymarket Prezzo for 6pm
Service was slow and one of the mains not available.
Plus it's an unexciting menu ?
So my wife and I ordered Spaghetti Bol
Hers was hot and ok mine was warm and just about ok.
We were sited downstairs where it seemed most pre Theatre meals were which felt a bit out of the way.