“Like most other places around brick lane, Okay not Amazing”
Review of Cinnamon

Cinnamon
Ranked #7,020 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: Our reputation for serving the Best Indian Food in Brick Lane and our culinary expertise has become legendary. Diners have recommended the Cinnamon Restaurant on View London, Opentable, Yelp, Facebook, twitter and Google. Among our many Accolades include food critic and Michelin Chef Pat Chapman, in the Cobra Good Food Guide, and Humayun Khan, from Tandoori Magazine who gave a lengthy review on his last visit to the Cinnamon for his favourite dish - The Lemon Grass Chicken. Situated in the middle of Brick Lane close to all the bars and clubs of the area with close proximity to the City and all the transport networks, the Cinnamon Indian Restaurant is an ideal location for a great night out with guaranteed fantastic food.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Above average but nothing to rave about. Had dinner at this restaurant with a big group of friends. The deal is reasonable very much on par with all the other restaurants near by. I tried 4 of the main dishes and all the curries were nice. If you are looking for a decent curry where you can bring your own drinks this place is okay.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I had the duck masala, it tasted beautiful, however gave me the most extreme bout of food poisoning I've ever had in my life. Some of you may laugh at me and say "that's what you get for ordering duck at an Indian." Well, I now agree. In addition the place was dead the night we went but the staff were nice enough. As it goes everyone else really enjoyed it. However, I now have developed a food aversion to curry and duck and still am getting stomach cramps from time to time.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

An excellent experience here, making an enjoyable occasion in a party of 10 with an age range from 12 to 85. Everyone was made to feel very welcome, and service was great throughout our visit. The portions of food were generous without being too much. We thought the bill was very reasonable, having benefited from a group booking discount. I've already recommended this restaurant to friends, and hope to go back before too long.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We love Indian food and have spent a lot of time in India so are very experienced in good native Indian food and also western Indian food.
We visited this restaurant purely on the other TA reviews as there were so many restaurants to choose from, sadly the majority of the food was average and quite overpriced.
We started off with onion bhaji which weren't very tasty and consisted of mainly flour and hardly any onion, the vegetable samosa's were average....
The only great dish (out of 6 mains) was my husbands, which was one of the specialities, we cant remember the name but it was a chicken dish with egg and very tasty.

I had a king prawn chill masala which was £12.95 (rice was £2 extra!) it only had about 6 10p size bits of prawn and the rest was onions and masala sauce, very disappointing.
Our children had a mild chicken dish that was similar to a korma but not a korma and to be honest was more like a chicken pudding as it was so creamy and coconut tasting - they only had a couple of spoon fulls and ended up leaving the rest and eating the sides of dhal and sag paneer (which were lovely). What was also nice was that as it was our daughter birthday they bought out a lovely ice cream cake with a candle on this was unexpected and a lovely surprise.

Our meal worked out £25 per head (we only had 1 beer each) which I am more than happy to pay for good, tasty food and we're sure you could find this from the other dozens and dozens restaurants here.

2  Thank Tara W
Reviewed April 19, 2013

i was in brick lane looking for a curry house . after reading reviews i opted for the cinnamon , the problem with brick lane is that they all try to get you into their restaurants and do badger you . I was very plesed to the reastaurant full , it has an upstairs and downstairs both very busy .cinnamon was warm welcoming and good choice of food which was all excellent . its not expensive and cobra on draft , the only downside was no mateus rose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!