“Nice, pricey”

Add it.
Ciao Baby Cucina - Westfield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: Smart shoppers in London's West End know where to stop for a chic cappuccino and delicious post-shopping pick-me-up. Ciao Baby Cucina is a sleek caf��-come-restaurant on the southern terrace at London's Westfield shopping complex which is a hit with hungry fashionistas and savvy Shepherds Bush locals. Loved for their fresh, modern and authentic Italian food, Ciao Baby Cucina has its UK flagship restaurant in Basingstoke, and this sleek dining room is perfect for social or business dining. The antipasti platters are fantastic with a glass of wine, and we also love the calamari salad tossed with olive oil and fresh lemon, and the gnocchi al ragu with braised beef and pork with tomatoes and sage.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice, pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice food, nice staff. Always a bit more expensive than I remember but food is also always a bit better than I remember. Carpaccio is good, as is the red Goats Do Roam (sic) wine

1 Thank petebkk

London, United Kingdom
“Awful Even By Westfields Poor Standards”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

The place was almost empty at lunchtime which should have rang alarm bells straight away. I ate at this place when it opened and was really unimpressed with the food which I had to return and the service was pretty poor then.

On my return, things haven't changed for the better. In fact the food and service were worse. They seem to have hired all African staff who spend more time checking their text messages and talking to one another. The chef was an African guy also which seemed really strange for an Italian restaurant. And tasting the food it's clear that he hasn't got a clue how to cook.

I was supposed to have pesto on my dish but it didn't taste anything like pesto. No taste of basil, cheese, garlic or any trace of pine nuts. It was just a bland green mush on the plate which looked and tasted like the leftover stalks of the broccoli on the plate had been blended into a mushy paste. Disgusting and at £12 very expensive for something which tasted like baby food. Plus £3.50 for a juice on top of a 12.5% service charge was a total rip off. I will not be giving this place a third chance. Lesson learnt.

• Visited March 2012
Ireland
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I wasn't impressed at all by this restaurant. My pizza was average. I don't think I'd go back.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,000 helpful votes
“GOOD BUT EXPENSIVE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

The food here is great, but I found it rather expensive. The portions were small. But if you have the cash then go there!

• Visited August 2011
Birmingham
“Pretty good, you could do a lot worse in Westfield”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

As Westfield goes, this is an average restaurant and the prices are roughly in line with that for the location (about £10 will get you a main of some sort, £15 for a steak). The service we had was decent and the food was very satisfactory for all of us. Overall the food was good but some small details let the side down. There was some confusion with a cheese board at the end, which came without the advertised fig chutney. When challenged, this led a team of staff off to find a solution (which they eventually did (of sorts), but it was not the chutney I wanted). A better solutions, perhaps, would have been to tell us it was 'off the menu' when we made the order. They also do the 'auto tip' thing on the bill (which forever annoys me because I will decided if the service is good or not!!) but these small detail aside, pretty good.

• Visited November 2011