“Not worth it”
Review of Yamal Alsham

Yamal Alsham
Reserve with OpenTable
Yamal Alsham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,491 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: 3 minute walk from Imperial Wharf Station
Description: Established in 1971, Yamal Alsham provides a sensational setting for the enjoyment of true Lebanese cuisine. Offering a sophisticated take on beloved traditional recipes, Yamal Alsham continues to surprise and delight both existing patrons and new guests as it firmly remains the ultimate destination for a spectacular experience in Lebanese dining and hospitality. With an expansion programme includiing a sophisticated deli, Marhaba Express and an outdoor shisha lounge, Yamal Alsham is the premier choice for all Lebanese culinary requirements in London.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just visited 2 days ago with Groupon vouchers. I have bought it for 24 pounds (on the website they told me it's worth it 60 GBP due to 8 GBP salads, 6.5 GBP sumac-falafel, 19.5 GBP mixed grill x 2). This all totally rubbish, they reduce the portion to fit into 24 pounds. They want also to kick you out before 9.00PM because the live music and belly dancer will be started at that time. To be honest I do not understand that policy because after we went out no one take over our table. Go to Aya in Wimbledon if you really want to taste nice Lebanese-Syrian food. The price is much cheaper than this bullocks even without voucher. I think they have belly dancer as well on Friday-Saturday

13  Thank Bob W

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my first visit to Yamal Alsham and we had a really great evening. The food was so delicious and authentic, the live music was a really nice mix of european covers and emotive middle eastern tunes. The staff were all charming and very attentive so all in all a really really great night however what topped it off and made it something special for me was the belly dancer, excellent entertainment and a beautiful dancer.

2  Thank Ponchocita
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I had purchased a voucher for this restaurant via groupon which the restaurant was very accommodating for booking. I live locally but had never ventured into imperial wharf. I must say the surrounding area was modern and exclusive. The restaurant itself was decorated authentically, not kitsch or OTT, it was very sophisticated. We were greeted with anticipation, were given a thorough explanation as to how the deal worked & told about the cocktails of the day which I ordered and was great start to the night. Considering it was Tuesday the restaurant was quite busy. Our dishes came at a timely manner and service was attentive. The food was delicious and filling. It's ashame other meal goers here haven't felt the same. I must say I would return again.

3  Thank Shortyz21
Reviewed October 27, 2013

On visiting this restaurant with my girlfriend we were impressed with how friendly everything was. The menu though was badly laid out and we ordered a messé selection with some main course and a free drink for £40...... Meal was poor and not worth the money we were about to pay. The kebab meat was average and there was way too much salad for my liking. The beer we received was also very warm and did not taste at all nice. The dips and hummus were just average and we could have made better ourselves with a lot less oil! The bread was hard too and it was clearly an end of night batch!
On arrival of the bill my jaw hit the floor, it was £40 EACH. Plus a £10 cover charge. Sickened. In fairness it did say this on the menu but it was in such small writing that we didn't notice until after the bill was sent up. Whole meal came to £94 when it was only worth about half that. The waiters were extremely rude when we queried this and their whole demeanour was threatening.
We also did not like how we were seated next to what I perceived to be the owners/ managers and they kept looking over at us. Not very nice atmosphere and it will be a long time before I eat Syrian food again.

6  Thank Tomas C
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ohh well well from Whr I should start from... All the starters were horrible as basically they were just breads after breads just cooked in different ways. Leb pizzas were big let down. And plz don't go thr with voucher as they will rip u off even more as u I'll be told u can't have this and can't have that.
And sorry finally big meal would come and that is the biggest disappointment as platter full of salads and chips, some hints of meat here and there.
After spending like £80 for 2. U would want to go a proper food somewhere.

5  Thank Cheekooo