“Groupon deal gone Good!”
Review of Yamal Alsham

Yamal Alsham
Ranked #4,478 of 22,822 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: 3 minute walk from Imperial Wharf Station
Description: Established in 1971, Yamal Alsham provides a sensational setting for the enjoyment of true Lebanese cuisine. Offering a sophisticated take on beloved traditional recipes, Yamal Alsham continues to surprise and delight both existing patrons and new guests as it firmly remains the ultimate destination for a spectacular experience in Lebanese dining and hospitality. With an expansion programme includiing a sophisticated deli, Marhaba Express and an outdoor shisha lounge, Yamal Alsham is the premier choice for all Lebanese culinary requirements in London.
London, United Kingdom
“Groupon deal gone Good!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I had purchased a voucher for this restaurant via groupon which the restaurant was very accommodating for booking. I live locally but had never ventured into imperial wharf. I must say the surrounding area was modern and exclusive. The restaurant itself was decorated authentically, not kitsch or OTT, it was very sophisticated. We were greeted with anticipation, were given a thorough explanation as to how the deal worked & told about the cocktails of the day which I ordered and was great start to the night. Considering it was Tuesday the restaurant was quite busy. Our dishes came at a timely manner and service was attentive. The food was delicious and filling. It's ashame other meal goers here haven't felt the same. I must say I would return again.

3 Thank Shortyz21

Galway, Ireland
“Rip Off Merchants!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

On visiting this restaurant with my girlfriend we were impressed with how friendly everything was. The menu though was badly laid out and we ordered a messé selection with some main course and a free drink for £40...... Meal was poor and not worth the money we were about to pay. The kebab meat was average and there was way too much salad for my liking. The beer we received was also very warm and did not taste at all nice. The dips and hummus were just average and we could have made better ourselves with a lot less oil! The bread was hard too and it was clearly an end of night batch!
On arrival of the bill my jaw hit the floor, it was £40 EACH. Plus a £10 cover charge. Sickened. In fairness it did say this on the menu but it was in such small writing that we didn't notice until after the bill was sent up. Whole meal came to £94 when it was only worth about half that. The waiters were extremely rude when we queried this and their whole demeanour was threatening.
We also did not like how we were seated next to what I perceived to be the owners/ managers and they kept looking over at us. Not very nice atmosphere and it will be a long time before I eat Syrian food again.

6 Thank Tomas C
London, United Kingdom
“Not worth your hard earned money....”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ohh well well from Whr I should start from... All the starters were horrible as basically they were just breads after breads just cooked in different ways. Leb pizzas were big let down. And plz don't go thr with voucher as they will rip u off even more as u I'll be told u can't have this and can't have that.
And sorry finally big meal would come and that is the biggest disappointment as platter full of salads and chips, some hints of meat here and there.
After spending like £80 for 2. U would want to go a proper food somewhere.

5 Thank Cheekooo
“yamal alsham”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My and a friend visited the restaurant last night using a voucher purchase online. We loved the area which is modern, expensive and new to us.

On entering the restaurant we were greeted by many friendly and helpful waiters and after ordering drinks our food was brought to us quickly.

I am bias as I love lebanese cuisine and I think all my favourite dishes were produced in our vegetarian mezze for two.

Suddenly the music got louder and to our surprise a belly dancer appeared with a colourful scarf and lots of talent.

She danced for some time and entertained each table. she was incredible to watch.

This was followed by a duo on guitars who blended in well with the general feel of the place.

As we were leaving we met the manager who was lovely and truely proud of his empire.

I recommend this restaurant as it is friendly, foods tasty, the service is excellent and the entertainment top quality.

2 Thank Mazjsutherland
London, United Kingdom
“Not a great place sadly”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

All I can say is that if the food is being charged at a premium as they need to pay the musicians then they should reconsider their entertainment - Food is OK but below what you would expect, entertainment from the live musicians is very poor and annoying, staff are well most to be avoided, location is OK and the look of the place is OK. Better places in London to visit - Sorry that the truth hurts but I would make a few changes starting with the entertainment :) AJ

• Visited September 2013