“What an Incredible dining experience!”

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Transit: Knightsbridge Tube Station.
Description: Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain's historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.
Sydney, Australia
“What an Incredible dining experience!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to the Fat Duck earlier this year and I was blown away by the food experience, I thought nothing could top it but Dinner gives it a run for the money! Whilst the Fat Duck is exceptional I wouldn’t go back. But I intend to go back to Dinner regularly.

We were lucky to be seated in the private dining room, it is a fantastic space with a large window. You can have the blind down if you want privacy but we had it up as it had a great view of the kitchen and dining room. Our waiter was outstanding, he was solely devoted to serving the private dining room and he was able to give us all the back ground on the amazing menu items. I really like the premise of this restaurant and it’s take on historic British recipes.

We had a four course set menu. Everything on the menu was excellent but two dishes really stood out. The first was the Meat Fruit. I haven’t loved the foie gras dishes I have had before but this dish was superb. The second was the Tipsy Cake, easily the best dessert that I have ever had!! I would strongly suggest that everyone at your table orders the Tipsy Cake because the people who don’t order it will be trying to steal yours!

At the end of our meal we were lucky to have a tour of the kitchens. There are over 50 chefs working each service and it was incredible to meet some of them. Everyone we spoke to was really passionate about food and they gave a great insight in to the amount of work that goes into putting each dish together. My favourite was the demonstration of how the Meat Fruit is made.

Our evening was impossible to flaw and I look forward to my next visit!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Bucharest, Romania
“The best food I've had in a while!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

All I have to say is that this restaurant is the best I ate at in London for sure! I tasted things I usually never even think of touching, such as raw salmon marinated in Earl GreyTea, and was pleasantly surprised! You can see right in the kitchen through the glass walls! It's a blast!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Laura996
New Zealand
“Spectacular”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I can't remember a better meal. This was memorable. The food was stunning, the service excellent, the ambience perfect.

I particularly liked that the portion sizes were not too large. I would rather eat four stunning small courses than a couple of big ones.

I eat out a lot. This was incredible.

2 Thank FastHelen
United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A foodie experience!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This restaurant will satisfy almost every possible taste - it's 'traditional' English menus,with a twist! The waiters will enthusiastically explain and elaborate on each dish to ensure that you know exactly what you are ordering. Silver Service in an informal and fun atmosphere.

I have dined here on several occasions both lunch and dinner and each time has felt fresh and surprising.

You will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
california
“A delightful meal, outstanding service, best sweetbreads ever!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We'd not been able to secure a table at the Fat Duck, so headed to Dinner by Heston as a second choice. It was truly excellent.

2 Thank montCalifornia