First family trip to London, 2 adults and two boys aged 20 and 10. Booked two " studio, serviced apartments" through Booking.com and also checked out the hotel website. Two nights before our trip I checked Tripadvisor and was horrified to read some of the reviews. I immediately emailed the hotel and was assured by email that the reviews were wrong and the hotel was spotlessly clean, safe and secure. One arrival we were greeted by a rather unpleasant receptionist and our first impressions of the building were not good. Reception was dingy and carpets dirty. We were informed that we were staying in the building across the road and we were in two of their most recently refurbished rooms. We had to cross a really busy road to get to our rooms and on entering this building I was horrified!!! Greeted by a foul smell, dirty and stained carpets, mouse traps on stairs, torn carpets, holes in walls and just generally untidy. Our rooms were on second floor and the only way to describe them was unclean, unfinished and not suitable for rent. Carpets and walls dirty and stained, light fittings broken, vents broken, curtains dirty, furniture flimsy and broken, bed (linen was clean) but base was stained. Kitchen area was a joke - fridge didn't close so didn't keep anything cold, fridge was dirty, cutlery and crockery was dirty, chipped and there was only one cup? Bathroom was filthy, floor needed a good clean, shower was dirty and had slimy gunge on it. The bathroom was tiny, no where to hang towels and no toilet roll. Mirror was broken and small cabinet was really dirty inside. Room had a major slopping problem and bed was between two walls and there was no room to get to it but from the bottom. We had limited resources and had no choice but to stay here. We spent very little time in the rooms which were also unbearably hot ( fan provided but barely worked). I tried complaining to the receptionist but she was really unhelpful and her attitude was appalling. Rooms were not cleaned during our stay and we had to ask several times for clean towels. The receptionist did say she would move us but we are still waiting!! No phones in rooms, so no way to contact the reception which is located across a really busy road. PLease do not book here. It is cheap but really unpleasant. Such a pity because a good clean and a receptionist that enjoys her job would make a huge difference. So concerned about this hotel that I have contacted the local environmental health and council. Fake advertising is concerning also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a group of Studio Apartments in Central London, based in Earl's Court, Kensington and Paddington. We specialise in short & long term lettings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Dylan Apartments Earls Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dylan Earls Court Apartments Hotel London
- York Hotel London
- Dylan Apartments Earls Court London, England